Post 1

Recumbentman

Ah yes, that's how you do it. You say:

My 2016 Najopomo is at A87879929

Recumbentman's Naj

Post 2

Icy North

Found it!

Sorry to read about the bass viol. Can't you get a case for it?

Recumbentman's Naj

Post 3

Gnomon - time to move on

Presumably the solid design of the viola family scroll is because too many viol scrolls got broken.

Recumbentman's Naj

Post 4

Recumbentman

Well it *was* in a hard case.

In fact both the viol and the case were made in 1981 by my workshop partner (known here as Chaiwallah) and myself. The case did its job and protected the instrument as well as could have been expected. The scroll also did its job and took the hit for all the rest of the instrument.

Recumbentman's Naj

Post 5

Gnomon - time to move on

A sort of crumple zone.

Recumbentman's Naj

Post 6

Recumbentman

Exactly. It's so efficient you'd wonder did they foresee its usefulness.

Recumbentman's Naj

Post 7

You can call me TC

Especially as there probably weren't many trains around when the first viols were designed.

Recumbentman's Naj

Post 8

You can call me TC

I've just caught up on all your entries up to last Monday. I thought of loads of things to say whilst I was reading, but was so captivated I had forgotten them by the time I got to the end. smiley - senior

However, I will be on the lookout for Killian Farrell.

Recumbentman's Naj

Post 9

Recumbentman

As you can see, I haven't bothered to keep up to date, but my intention is to write 30 entries sooner or later.

Recumbentman's Naj

Post 10

Recumbentman

Finished, only a week late.

Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for Recumbentman

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more