This is the Message Centre for zendevil

EYE Dunno...

Post 1

zendevil

Halloween Trick or Treat? 30 October 2009. Most Important, for any of 'you lot' who may not be subscribed to the Announcements Page, please read this link, quick. http://www.bbc.co.uk/dna/h2g2/classic/F77636?thread=7038665 There seems to be a new sign-in system looming, i can't really work it out *but* seems unless we do, any previous stuff we have put on BBC sites including h2g2 could get lost into outer space internet. As per usual, the Announcement thread is closed instantly the announcement is made. So no comments via that, there's a link to another BBC site though. I feel a sense of doom, despite them doing their best to reassure us that h2g2 itself is healthy...if we can't sign in, how the hell do we access it? particularly difficult if your email has changed, as mine has, & am also subscribed to other BBC sites. Ah well, i guess facebook will do well out of this latest move... zdt

EYE Dunno...

Post 2

lil ~ Auntie Giggles with added login ~ returned

If it breaks, at least they won't be able to blame me! smiley - angel

EYE Dunno...

Post 3

psychocandy-moderation team leader

I don't think anything will be lost, Terri. You just need to upgrade so you can log in in the future. I upgraded today, took about 3 seconds and was no trouble at all.

EYE Dunno...

Post 4

If your email has changed, you can easily upgrade your log in using the email you registered with, then update your personal details later, as far as I can tell.

EYE Dunno...

Post 5

2legs - Hey, babe, take a walk on the wild side...

If you've changed E-Mails from the one you registered with (as I have a couple of times), you should go to the Settings here on H2G2 (prefernces isn't it?), where you can give your new E-mail address; if I remember correctly, you may then need to reply to an Email they'll send out to 'confirm your E-Mail address'... sorted. smiley - zen From the sound of it, this new sign on system shouldn't be any problem... We'll have to 'migrate' our current details over to it, but not for a while anyhows smiley - zen

EYE Dunno...

Post 6

Ivan the Terribly Average

Terri, read this lot - it might help... http://www.bbc.co.uk/dna/h2g2/brunel/F19585?thread=7038690

EYE Dunno...

Post 7

Also, if you follow the second link in that posting Ivan linked to, at the top of the page is an option for people who already have an account. From there, you can log in and then confirm that your user name will appear as you choose. While mine appeared to be OK, I updated that field anyway, just to be "on the safe side".

I don't think it's any cause for worry, my Wooh!

EYE Dunno...

Post 8

Reality Manipulator

I re-checked what email address that I have got for here and found it with Alabaster to be on the top right - personal details. I only checked it as I remember changing my email address but wanted to make sure that I changed it to the right one.

I hope that when the change over happens it won't be as traumatic as the previuus change when it became a single sign on.

EYE Dunno...

Post 9

zendevil

Right; amazingly, i seem to have managed it smiley - taall for help!

*Does this mean i can get back into ACE Forum Lil?*

Phew. Now just have to co-operate with P on his latest 'To Do' list, currently at around 47 items of stuff including:

*Make windmill highersmiley - puff

Radon-proof east room smiley - yikes

Re-roof north wall smiley - brr

Replace flat roof & build extra room

Put smiley - sheep wool in attic

Build Hot Tub

Beautify (smiley - huh) top walls in porch*

This seems to be one hell of a list!!!!! Most needs to be done before Winter really sets in.

Meanwhile, it's his burpday Nov 7th, he doesn't often get many greetings, so anyone who's a nice pperson, please email me & i'll email you back with an email or snailmail addy for him to send him best wishes or whatever.

zdt

EYE Dunno...

Post 10

Pit - ( Carpe Diem - Stay in Bed )

smiley - ermSo I´m not exactly known as ever being a nice person...but Emil me via HPHinder at kabelmail dot de and I´ll emil you back so you can emil me P´s emil addy.smiley - magic

EYE Dunno...

Post 11

Ellen

Wow, Terri, that's quite a To Do List!!!!

EYE Dunno...

Post 12

lil ~ Auntie Giggles with added login ~ returned

Terri you need to ask Sam to open the ACE forum up for you again
smiley - ok

EYE Dunno...

Post 13

Prof Animal Chaos.C.E.O..err! C.E.Idiot of H2G2 Fools Guild (Official).... A recipient of S.F.L and S.S.J.A.D.D...plus...S.N.A.F.U.

Radon-proof east room ??? a soap powder proof room! boy! they have some strange customs over theresmiley - winkeye

EYE Dunno...

Post 14

zendevil

Radon is a seriously nasty radioactive gas & our house happens to be way over the limit in one room; which is the one i want to use as an smiley - artist space; so before i can do that, P wants to install a system to remove/reduce the stuff.

This area just happens to have the highest incidence of the stuff in Eye land, geographical thing, i think we are one of the houses mentioned in this report:

http://www.rpii.ie/getdoc/11199efb-1935-403b-8df0-78e6054bdca6/North-West-at-risk-from-cancer-causing-radon-gas-(.aspx

Pit; smiley - ta Danke!!! I'll email you; it would be a nice surprise for him to get something from Deutschland especially!smiley - biggrin

Yes, the 'To Do' list grows daily & has just been added to 'cos the smiley - mousesmiley - esuom seem to have moved in for their Winter holidayssmiley - rolleyes; so we have cupboard draw<ers all over the carpet, so that Her Majesty Queen Yoda can access them & commit murder, which makes for sleepless nights, but better that than rodents gobbling food & invading my bed!

Anyone else have rodent problems? how do *you* deal with it if so?

zdt

EYE Dunno...

Post 15

Prof Animal Chaos.C.E.O..err! C.E.Idiot of H2G2 Fools Guild (Official).... A recipient of S.F.L and S.S.J.A.D.D...plus...S.N.A.F.U.

I've read about it a while back Terri and how it caused problems, before they really knew what it was. I hope that it can be controlled and doesn't become a health hazzard

EYE Dunno...

Post 16

Milla, h2g2 Operations

What an excellent cat Yoda is!

My brother told me about when he rented a little house in the countryside, next door to my grandparents'. He mentioned to her, that 'I think I have mice in the house', but she just shrugged and said 'That's the way it is in the countryside'.

So he bought five or six traps, baited them and put under the sink, and turned the lights out.

Within a minute, they went pop-pop-pop-pop-pop-pop, he took the dead mice out, baited again, turned the lights out. The story was repeated until he had disposed of some fifteen mice. In less than half an hour.

smiley - towel

EYE Dunno...

Post 17

kea ~ Far out in the uncharted backwaters of the unfashionable end of the western spiral arm of the Galaxy lies a small, unregarded but very well read blue and white website

Wow, fifteen in half an hour is ALOT of meece.

I haven't been in an eye thread for yonks, and look at all the people I know smiley - bigeyes. Last time I was here I hardly knew anyone.

Terri, I'm surprised the mice come in with a cat there. Usually the smell of a cat will put them off.

EYE Dunno...

Post 18

kea ~ Far out in the uncharted backwaters of the unfashionable end of the western spiral arm of the Galaxy lies a small, unregarded but very well read blue and white website

Maybe Yoda smells too nice?

EYE Dunno...

Post 19

zendevil

Yoda does indeed smell nice; for some inexplicable reason, she smells like baby powder! She's never had a bath but has fluffy kitten like fur, which she grooms fastidiously; so not only is she incredibly beautiful, but smells lovely.

However, she is also the equivalent of Lara Croft regarding smiley - mouse & she is soooo generous in giving the spoils of war to Mothersmiley - yuk

Fritz is a total dead loss in the Rodent War scenario; his main hobby is Relaxing; at which he seems to be achieving Graduate statussmiley - rolleyes; however, the smiley - catpair seem lately to be experimenting with S/M sex stuffsmiley - huh...can't imagine where they picked that up from!smiley - angel

Plus Eddasmiley - dog is insanely jealous if P & me smiley - cuddle (wishes for ménage � trois) & bonks P's leg, as does Molly the goat.

Anyone else have pervy pets?

zdt

EYE Dunno...

Post 20

zendevil

I'm getting peeved off witj Hootoo, for starters it seems to untranslate usual frenchk keyboard into §,§à!" type stuff....What happened to The european union, did it begin in
Britland & end in

Prof: lovely to squeak to you in erson the other day; please pass on my smiley - hug to Lil & smiley - smoochfor you of course!

Pit: so much smiley - ta for sending P urfday email; and JEllen for his card, he realy appreciated them!smiley - biggrin

Can we please all send best >Hootoo vibes for Aye bee smiley - pirate wench please; she's off to south Africa on Monday & may well need our support.

zdt

Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for zendevil

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more