This is the Message Centre for zendevil

EYE SAY!!!

Post 1

zendevil

smiley - discosmiley - boingsmiley - goodlucksmiley - cdoublesmiley - fullmoonsmiley - boingsmiley - goodlucksmiley - disco

5th November 2004 ANGOULEME

Hey! Guess what? It's my hootoo birthday!! Two years ago today i joined "you lot".

It was certainly one of the better decisions in my life. smiley - ta to you all, here, the bar's open, help yourself to somesmiley - bubblysmiley - redwinesmiley - alesmiley - cidersmiley - stiffdrink

No, smiley - cdoublesmiley - catYoda & smiley - fullmoonsmiley - catMooon, you can have somesmiley - milk, the thought of smiley - drunksmiley - cat is too much!

We have smiley - teasmiley - coffee& smiley - oj for those of you who (wisely!) prefer not to suffer later.

Foodwise, i can offer a wide selection of vegetable curries or plenty of smiley - pumpkinsoup.

*which one of you is bringing the smiley - cake?*

So, looking back over the last two years, what have been YOUR ups & downs eh?

Oops, better go, the smiley - musicalnote is about to get started....smiley - zoom

smiley - loveto all

smiley - zensmiley - devilTerri

EYE SAY!!!

Post 2

2legs - Hey, babe, take a walk on the wild side...

What, this smiley - cake <?> smiley - biggrin two years; make you feel old yet? smiley - bigeyessmiley - laugh I've never seen a drunken smiley - cat though I have seen a smiley - drunk en smiley - dogsmiley - bigeyes and a smiley - cat that had eaten some cannibus and was somewhat smiley - cdoublesmiley - peacedovesmiley - lovesmiley - drunksmiley - biggrinsmiley - disco Hmm, smiley - tea for me please, I'm still off the booze for the current time smiley - magic

EYE SAY!!!

Post 3

zendevil

Hiya 2 legs, congratulations on being the first to arrive, you win the prize of me asking "d'ya wanna be on my friends list?"

very wise staying off the demon grog, i did it for a year, someday soon, when i am a little more settled, i will have another go. (hah! when am i EVER settled?!)

Yes, i've seensmiley - cats on the cannabus too, chasing martians up the walls....but Mooon seems to do this quite naturally without any artificial aids!

*wonders about trying to smoke catnip*?

So, where are you now in comparison to 2 Bonfire nights back?

zdt

EYE SAY!!!

Post 4

psychocandy-moderation team leader

Heya Terri, my dear. Happy hootoo birthday!

smiley - cakesmiley - bubblysmiley - giftsmiley - somersault

BISOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOUS!!

EYE SAY!!!

Post 5

Lady Pennywhistle - Back with a vengeance! [for a certain, limited value of Vengeance; actual amounts of Vengeance may vary]

smiley - wow Ooooooh Terri happy hootoo birthday! smiley - crackersmiley - giftsmiley - disco

And so close to your RL birthday too - that's pretty cool!

AND we all get a nice new thread to chat on, too... smiley - biggrin

(I hope this doesn't post twice, computer is playing up)

EYE SAY!!!

Post 6

Researcher 185550

Happy Hootoo Birthday Terri!

I would advise against smoking catnip, I think it only works for cats smiley - winkeye.

Glad you're still here with us!

EYE SAY!!!

Post 7

smiley - cool Yeh, go ahead put me on your friends list; but beware many bizzare and weird journal entrys from my PS smiley - biggrinsmiley - boing 399 years since the gunpowder plot this year.... that'l make it the 400 th annaversary next Nov the 5 smiley - wow and we're only four or something days from my RL Bday again smiley - weird I sware it was the same last year, about four days after guy fawks night and it was my birthday, what a coincidence, hey? smiley - silly

EYE SAY!!!

Post 8

jaz'd(ace & yada yada *sigh* chocolate yada)

Happy hootoo birthday Terri!smiley - hugsmiley - crackersmiley - cakesmiley - gift Ooh, I'll gladly sample the veggie currys...don't suppose you've got any Kingfishersmiley - ale to complement those?

EYE SAY!!!

Post 9

abbi normal "Putting on the Ritz" with Dr Frankenstein

Oh smiley - wow Happy Hootoo anniversarysmiley - bubbly

Geesh that must mean it is mine toosmiley - biggrin

EYE SAY!!!

Post 10

Ellen

Yes, I was just wondering that myself, when is my hootoo birthday, and which one is it? *heads off to fish through old entries*

Happy hootoo birthday Terri! I'll have the tea. smiley - tea

smiley - towel JEllen

EYE SAY!!!

Post 11

zendevil

Tried to add 2 legs to friends "service not available"; smiley - grr REMIND me or you will end up as one of the many "smiley - wah you didn't put me on your friends list" folks

It's 7am & i have endured at least 3 hours of a boring persons company without resorting to more violence than "Well, if you WANT to speak french, why not try talking to frogs, if you get the grammar wrong what the hell, if they laugh nicely, laugh back, if they laugh nastily tell 'em to F off; believe it or not they are human"

WHY can't some people understand it is NOT about language but communication , which doesn't depend totally on verbs & pronouns, but upon mutual need to get something across, if you persevere despite language, it's an immense compliment.

Bloody territorial stuff:

me: "ooh, you're Irish"

him: "no, i"m Northern Irish"

bleeeeeeaaaaaghhhhhh*vomit* we are in France for fox sake!

*sigh*

zdt

EYE SAY!!!

Post 12

Ellen

I did some digging and found out that I joined h2g2 October 9, 2001! So I've been here 3 years - woo hoo! smiley - ok

smiley - towel JEllen

EYE SAY!!!

Post 13

kea ~ Far out in the uncharted backwaters of the unfashionable end of the western spiral arm of the Galaxy lies a small, unregarded but very well read blue and white website

*swoops in with more carrot smiley - cake and elderflower smiley - bubbly (nonalcoholic)*

*waves to everyone*

Yaay Terri smiley - biggrin

You know, this really feels like the school reunion of those who joined late 2002 smiley - laugh And lots of you I haven't talked to for ages!

It's 8pm here. I'm listening to an old tape of Wish You Were Here that I just found when cleaning out the cupboard, which is nice. But it has Kitaro on the other side smiley - erm

Last night the fireworks went on for Hours smiley - erm and I was surrounded by them (for some reason this year all the neighbours had to have their own little show). They sounded really loud this year too - is that some new advance in fireworks technology?

Terri, you could always tell your visitor that Northern Ireland was a creation of the English smiley - devil

EYE SAY!!!

Post 14

kea ~ Far out in the uncharted backwaters of the unfashionable end of the western spiral arm of the Galaxy lies a small, unregarded but very well read blue and white website

whoops, slow simulpost JEllen. Cheers to you too smiley - cheers

EYE SAY!!!

Post 15

Ellen

Mmmmmmmmmm, carrot cake! smiley - cake Snarf!

EYE SAY!!!

Post 16

Boots

Hey Terri
Sorry I'm late
smiley - musicalnotesmiley - musicalnoteHappy birthday to you! smiley - musicalnotesmiley - musicalnote
Take care
boots

EYE SAY!!!

Post 17

Websailor

Hi, Terri,

Happy HooToo birthday to you. smiley - coffee will do fine, thanks. I think my HooToo birthday is later this month - it's only a year, so I'm a novice here smiley - rofl Are they kind enough to tell us when it is our birthday, or are they too busysmiley - huh It would be nice, especially for the first one.

I agree over the language thing. I did much better at French when we had a young French teacher, a student I think. The need to communicate and ask each other about our countries and lifestyles made even me venture into oral French. When the exam came I was paraysed with fright smiley - doh

Anyway, smiley - giftsmiley - stiffdrinksmiley - discosmiley - flyhi and smiley - goodluck

Have a good day. See you around

Websailor
smiley - dragon

EYE SAY!!!

Post 18

Mort - a middle aged Girl Interrupted

*arrives unfashionably late*

Happy Hootoo burfday Terri! smiley - giftsmiley - redwinesmiley - cake and to everyone else celebrating birthdays too! smiley - bubbly

And today is the first anniversary of contact with my birthmum smiley - biggrin

EYE SAY!!!

Post 19

smiley - wow seems to be so many hootooanaversarys and other annaversaries in november smiley - weirdsmiley - magic yeh, the servers have been a bit uppitidly of late smiley - grr seems a little* smoother this morning smiley - coolsmiley - boing Actually..... feels resolve waining..... i think I'll stay on the 'juice' till Xmas and give it a break full time post then smiley - bigeyessmiley - ale bit early for that now though so a smiley - coffee I thin to get rid of teh morning smiley - monstersmiley - evilgrinsmiley - biggrin

EYE SAY!!!

Post 20

liekki

Congratulations on that, Mort, and happy hootoo anniversary, Terri!! smiley - biggrinsmiley - bubblysmiley - gift

smiley - tea for me, thanks. I also joined in 2002, in July. But then I went away and have now been active for, er, almost four months!smiley - wow

I just saw my tag in the preview, should change it since it just gets me down.smiley - erm

Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for zendevil

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more