A Conversation for Talking Point: When the Revolution Comes...

Tall people

Post 21

Mystrunner

Huh?
smiley - blush
Trousers. Shame!

Tall people

Post 22

Earthman

Well, it's obviously short people who design the insides of planes, buses, cinemas, etc. Otherwise, why are my knees always jammed against the seat in front? It's not as if I'm a giant, there are plenty of people my height and more.

Tall people

Post 23

daraline, keeper of unusual rats and deranged hamsters

a lass has to asksmiley - blush. since i am unsure of your gender all i can do is suggest high and mighty if you are a chap, or long tall sally if you are a chapess. hope that's some help, if you are uk based.smiley - smiley
xx

Tall people

Post 24

raindog

I realise this thread is all but dead BUT- has anyone seen the ads for Butlins? At the end it says 'height restrictions apply'-it's started! Soon munchkins will tremble at the mention of a tape measure, wobble visibly near 'olde english pubbes'(where the rest of us regularly suffer concussion), and generally feel queasy about the obligatory third point that generally rounds off these points.

Tall people

Post 25

Felonious Monk - h2g2s very own Bogeyman

You should try spending some time in Japan as I did. Tall people get discriminated against too: they have this selection mechsnism whereby tall people only get bashed over the cranium and taken to the hospital. I believe it's called a 'doorway'....

Tall people

Post 26

Child of Saunola

But just take an ordinary chair when you are short your feet don't touch the ground, it's very hard having a serious conversation when your feats are dingeling just above the floor.... smiley - erm

Tall people

Post 27

raindog

felonious-how are you sunshine? you spent time in Nipon? tell all, that in itself does me as a bona fide 'story'.Nice to hear from you again.
C of S-Have you not felt that you have not grasped the chair frame before?

Tall people

Post 28

Keithanthony

I'm jus gonna lay down here an' relax while the short/tall inadequates an' racists slug it out for my amusement, while I contemplate the old adage that, your aptitude is set not by your altitude but your attitude.

Tall people

Post 29

Keithanthony

Accountants design planes buses etc thats why your knees are jammed against the seat in front.

Tall people

Post 30

Felonious Monk - h2g2s very own Bogeyman

Wasn't there a Goodies episode on many years ago about South Africa, and how, when all the non-whites had got the hell out of the place, the racists didn't have anyone left to discriminate against? So they brought in 'Apartheight'? Or am still concussed after all these years amd imagining all this?

Tall people

Post 31

finnjim, THE Teacher, messing with peoples minds since 1997

No planes are designed by engineers for the average person. And i don't know about you but i've never met an average person. I'd love to know how recent their figures are and where they came from especially when you consider that in a recent survey it was found that the dutch are the tallest people in europe. Don't ask me how tall i think its aroung the 1.8m marksmiley - smiley

Tall people

Post 32

Child of Saunola

smiley - surferBut I also like tall people. They can see things from another prespektiv then me. That could lead to very intresting conversations.... smiley - smiley
*loves the world today*
smiley - peacesignsmiley - earthsmiley - peacesignsmiley - earthsmiley - peacesignsmiley - earthsmiley - peacesignsmiley - earthsmiley - peacesignsmiley - earthsmiley - peacesignsmiley - earthsmiley - peacesignsmiley - earthsmiley - peacesignsmiley - earthsmiley - peacesignsmiley - earth

Tall people

Post 33

raindog

child, you are such a nice child-things happen.......................

Tall people

Post 34

Amy

I just really hate it when tall people lean on my head.

On the other had, we have the advantage of teeth at groin-height.

Tall people

Post 35

Jessie, queen of the strange - Nirvana rocks my socks!

Yes! When exceptionally tall people stick out their elbows and rest them on my head, I become really annoyed. Luckily, MY elbow is at ribcage height.

Tall people

Post 36

finnjim, THE Teacher, messing with peoples minds since 1997

speaking as a tall person there's nothing worse than a pointy elbow into the ribs. And for some reason the women i've gone out with have all had pointy elbows.smiley - erm

Tall people

Post 37

Child of Saunola

Well I really don´t like it when they lean on the shoulders either...
But when it´s windy outside you can stand behind them and get away from the wind...smiley - smiley

Key: Complain about this post