A Conversation for Talking Point: When the Revolution Comes...

Tall people

Post 1

Jessie, queen of the strange - Nirvana rocks my socks!

Anyone over 6 ft. should have their heads chopped off. I hate tall people.

Tall people

Post 2

Felonious Monk - h2g2s very own Bogeyman

I thought it was Short People got No Reason to Live (according to Randy Newman anyway)?

Tall people

Post 3

Researcher 217178

Having read all the comments I have only this to say:
It is not by ritual beheadings or torture but only through tolerance and understanding of all of these obnoxious and hateful people that we can hope to rise above the worlds petty in-fighting and live together on this small very precious planet.

Except tall people obviously.....they must be erradicated for the good of the collective.

Tall people

Post 4

finnjim, THE Teacher, messing with peoples minds since 1997

Please If we get politically correct then Short people are Height Challanged. If thats the case then Tall People are Height Advantaged.

Speaking as a height advantaged person then I think that short Sorry Height Disadvantaged people should be first against the wall and the first law passed would be

"Any designer creating an object that lies below 7Ft in such a way to sause damage to the cranial area of a Height Advantaged Person will be forced to watch soaps 20 hours a day"

I'm not a cruel personsmiley - smiley

Tall people

Post 5

Mat Lindsay (the researcher formerly known as Nylarthotep...now he has a name, all he needs is a face)

Here here, standing at 6 feet and three inches I commend people who stand up against the global conspiracy to make tall people bang their heads and crane their necks.

Tall and shorter can exist in harmony. My partner is just over five feet tall and she has no problem with tall folks.

Learn to live and let live, thou bitter short-arse!

Tall people

Post 6

Another advantage to being tall and I make no apologies. They really look up to us.smiley - erm

Tall people

Post 7

Cap'n BK

One advantage with short people, you only need low walls to put them against.

Tall people

Post 8

raindog

I used to have problems with short people when I was younger and we all had at least the same hair. Now I'm getting to late 30's and,like still 6'2'', half of them my age are receding as well-they emanate waves of hatred. For these reasons they must go. Something like the McDonalds height Chart-'if you are below this height and fully grown you cannot use the equipment and have no reason bothering the rest of us normal people'. Then either a choice of Munchkin Reservations, tastefully sited in, say, for the purpose of example, Mid-Wales, or like in Soylent Green, a quick lethal dose of goodies but this time in front of a fairground mirror that would make them appear normal.
Maybe start rounding up the 5'9'' and under males March 1st? This is for their (your) own good- you'll just go through the rest of your lives bitter and sad and yearning, all that pain; it's better this way.

Tall people

Post 9

Child of Saunola

I agree with the first posting... I mean for exempel, when you are on a movie, and the person sitting inhead of you are tall... You see nothing that person don´t want you to see...

Tall people

Post 10

Exactly! And tall people have no right to go around making the rest of us feel inadequate. Ever stood next to a really tall person (upwards of 6'2" or so) and had to crane your neck awkwardly? It really, really sucks.

Tall people

Post 11

It's not our fault your lack of height makes you feel inadequate. It's something you need to get over (Pardon the pun)smiley - erm

Tall people

Post 12

Of course it's your fault! What, you expect me to go around blaming *myself*?

Tall people

Post 13

Whoami - iD dislikes punctuation

I'm so dead. You can get thicker shoes. I'll need my legs amputating! smiley - yikessmiley - cake

Tall people

Post 14

Child of Saunola

I hate when I have to look up to people, just because I´m not as tall as they are smiley - erm

Tall people

Post 15

raindog

Another way of annoying the Munchkin populace if you are a hefty type like me is to suggest a race- you lose 3 stone, they grow 4 inches taller-winner takes all. If you can add "and your fringe back" more the merrier.

The best thing to do if you have a craned neck from standing close to a tall person is to observe this general rule of thumb:
"I will stand a respectful distance (here I suggest five feet) from the tall person, the better to allow them the sense of superiority they so obviously deserve"
Try writing it down on a card until it is memorised....Thank You for you assistance.

Tall people

Post 16

Sdiver (duece of clubs)

The campaign aganst tall people is doomed, DOOMED I say, why you ask, well because I am 6'2" and everyone on the commitie for equal hights stands taller then me. smiley - smiley but not to worry, my new goverment will allow elevator shoes and pinstripe suits as a tax write-off.

Tall people

Post 17

Mystrunner

I dunno. I'm 6'1", and everyone seems short to me. Not that I ever care... I'm used to it by now.

Tall people

Post 18

daraline, keeper of unusual rats and deranged hamsters

hi raindogsmiley - smiley
being female and five foot 10 tall, i get somewhat annoyed when short people say that tall people have it all. ever tried finding a pair of tights that cater for a 35 inch inside legsmiley - wah! besides, my dad still calls me midget. but he is 6 foot 6.
xx

Tall people

Post 19

Mystrunner

Yeah. I can't find pants that fit. They're all too short or wide...

Tall people

Post 20

daraline, keeper of unusual rats and deranged hamsters

erm, underpants or trouserssmiley - erm?
xx

Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more