A Conversation for I'm New - What Do I Do Now?

Is it really sensible to put a fish in your ear??

Post 21

Amy Pawloski, aka 'paper lady'--'Mufflewhump'?!? click here to find out... (ACE)

Aw...

smiley - hug

Post 22

Ottox

smiley - nahnah

I don't mean it, you know. smiley - winkeye

smiley - smooch

Post 23

Amy Pawloski, aka 'paper lady'--'Mufflewhump'?!? click here to find out... (ACE)

So you don't want a smiley - hugsmiley - huh

smiley - winkeye

Post 24

Ottox

*rolls eyes*

Post 25

Anomaly

Well I have certainly found worse things in my ear than a smiley - fish...and none of them let me translate any language ( or did they? I never spoke to anyone who spoke a different language at the time), so the moral of this story is to never clean your ears because you never know what helpful thing may be in them!...And by all means welcome to the frood guide!smiley - biggrin

Post 26

arwen, doing nasty essays. being a student should *not* involve work!

surely you couldnt hear the translations if the fish was anywhere other than your ear? it didnt seem to do arthur any harm anyway i think the babel fish couldnt translate because it was an early form of the language arthur spoke anyway, so in a way, it was translating. dunno tho. also, would you mind if a small ship you happened to be situated in crashed into a star?! got the salmon of doubt aswell, is a great book. shame it will never be finished

Post 27

Fish - Lord Fish and leader of the free fish worlds - Fish Eater Extraordinaire - Curser of the Thingite abusers things!

As long as I could get off the ship, it would be fine if it wanted to crash into the star! I really liked as far as the book got and agree that it is a hell of a shame that the book wont get finished! I just hope he was wrong about there not being a GOD, and there not being heaven, so I could read the rest of the book! smiley - fish

Post 28

witchcraft3

umm....... i don't know if it is safe to put a fish in your ear or not but if you want to do the that sort of thing and you are in a mentally stable position then i see nothing stopping anyone from doing that sort of thing......... not my cup of proverbial tea though.

Post 29

Fish - Lord Fish and leader of the free fish worlds - Fish Eater Extraordinaire - Curser of the Thingite abusers things!

Come on, it sounds right up your proverbial street! smiley - fish

Post 30

karenmojo8

Lest we forget, that it is recommended not to even put a q-tip swab in the ear canal..Loved the "Salmon of Doubt".
Did that fish attach to the outside of the ear or enter the canal itself. Never thougth about that before.

Post 31

You know, thats a really interesting thought. I'll reread it and see if there are any answers in there. Did you READ Hitchhikers first, or listen to it or see it on the tv? It's always interesting to know these kinds of things. I heard it first, fell in love with it then read it then saw it on tv. Great stuff!
smiley - fish

Post 32

j_fychan

First of all this isnt any old fish it is a babelfish, if it wasnt safe to put in your ear i dont think people would put it there.
secondly the language wasnt translated because there wasnt a babelfish with them when they were talking, and even if there was one, it wouldn't have evloved enough to translate languages yet.
thirdly, interesting thoughts, but if Arthur Dent saying 'i have problems in my life' can set off a war, just imagine what a ship crashing into a star can do!

salmon of doubt is ok, nothing special though.

good day young sir/madam, hope i cleared these things up!smiley - biggrin

Post 33

titanG69

The only good reason one would put a fish in one's ear is if one liked smoked fish, the best method would be to raise the said fish (your own preferance)to your lips (lips 2 lips) and light the tail. Suck vigorously, inhale only if old enough to do so.smiley - biggrin

Post 34

Metasystem

I don't know if any major Earth culture holds aural fish insertion SENSIBLE as such, but then I can't think of a culture which goes so far as to make it a taboo, whilst things as innocuous as biscuit dunking (Posh English), and music, dancing and fun (The puritans, the Conservative party) have been looked down on from a great and nosely height.

Personally I wouldn't advocate it, but there's no harm in 'slying' one into an unsuspecting shopper's trolley in Tescos, the joy factor is the moment when they pla(i)ce it on the counter and annnounce with loud embarassment.. I DIDN'T CHOOSE THIS... IT HAS BEEN SLIED INTO MY TROLLEY..BY RUFFIANS AND JUNKIES!!

it is a rush more potent than crack.

ps. hi. I'm new. nice to meet you all..

pps. and what exactly is a thingite then?

Post 35

TRiG (Ireland) A dog, so bade in office

Mad, I tell you. Mad.

TRiG.smiley - schooloffish

Key: Complain about this post