A Conversation for I'm New - What Do I Do Now?

Is it really sensible to put a fish in your ear??

Post 1

Fish - Lord Fish and leader of the free fish worlds - Fish Eater Extraordinaire - Curser of the Thingite abusers things!

I was just wondering whether it really is sensible to put a fish in your ear, even if it DOES feed off your telepathic brain waves and translates sound heard from alien beings, into a real language?? And even then, why does the Babel fish NOT translate the language of the neandathols language when Arthur Dent, and Ford Prefect crash land back on earth millions of years into the past!!?? Also, does it really matter if a small ship that you happen to be situated in, actually crashes into a star or not?? Please tell me, i'm really confused about this. BTW, DNA, a really Great Guy!! I recently bought the book "Salmon of Doubt", and so far, Its Great stuff!!

Post 2

Amy the Ant - High Manzanilla of the Church of the Stuffed Olive

Hello Researcher 216460

smiley - erm There are probably worse places to put a smiley - fish than in your ear.

Welcome to h2g2. If you click on the Preference link to your left you will be able to choose a new name. After that, editing your space would be a good thing to do.

smiley - smiley

Amy smiley - ant

Post 3

Zarniroop (er.... I'll think of something amusing to put here soon!)

May I too take pleasure in welcoming you to h2g2, and the wonderful choice of username smiley - bigeyes
firstly if u find a fish that can do all that, please clone it before putting it in yr ear so we can all have one
secondly, the neandertals hadn't developed a language so the babel fish didn't have anything to translate
thirdly - depends if your names marvin or not.

Also I se you are taking some advice from amy smiley - coolsmiley - geek

Have some refreshments smiley - alesmiley - stoutsmiley - ojsmiley - teasmiley - cakesmiley - donutsmiley - cheesecake

smiley - fishsmiley - hsif

Z.

Post 4

Batty_ACE

smiley - erm of all the awful things that could potentially end up in one's ear a smiley - fish really doesn't present a problem... IMHO anyway... smiley - biggrin

Welcome to the funny farm... smiley - winkeye

hey!

Post 5

Fish - Lord Fish and leader of the free fish worlds - Fish Eater Extraordinaire - Curser of the Thingite abusers things!

Hi. I'm really not good enough at computers to do funky stuff on this site. How the hell do you do the funny pictures???

hey!

Post 6

The smileys? You type < fish> without the space and it appears as if by magic smiley - wizard when you post the message. If you hover your cursor over a smiley a clue to its name can be seen in the status bar of your browser. You might get a tool tip too. Click on any smiley to go to the smiley page.

smiley - biggrin

Amy smiley - ant

hey!

Post 7

p.s. I like the change of name thus rendering Zarniroop's sarcasm meaningless. A master stroke! smiley - ok

hey!

Post 8

Are u calling me a master-stroker or master-strokee, Amy?

smiley - footprintssmiley - footprintssmiley - footprintssmiley - footprints
*storms off!*

*returns*

Sarcasm

smiley - footprintssmiley - footprintssmiley - footprintssmiley - footprints
*Storms off again!*

Z.

hey!

Post 9

smiley - wow You've got to admit it, he's a nice little mover.

hey!

Post 10

Thank you!
smiley - biggrin

hey!

Post 11

Amy Pawloski, aka 'paper lady'--'Mufflewhump'?!? click here to find out... (ACE)

*wonders if she should break it to Spock that the one with the ears is a mister, not a smiley - doctor, and that Dr Spock is the childcare guy...*

hey!

Post 12

smiley - laughsmiley - laugh

Such a little thing makes such a big difference.

hey!

Post 13

amdsweb

Was there a Dr Spork as well? smiley - laugh

hey!

Post 14

No smiley - fish

hey!

Post 15

Feisor - -0- Generix I made it back - sortof ...

Maybe ....
smiley - doctorsmiley - spork might be an alien who teaches the Thingites child care??

smiley - laugh

smiley - yikes The thought of The Thingites breeding a new generation is scary!! smiley - winkeye

hey!

Post 16

What the smiley - fish ish a Thingite??

hey!

Post 17

Feisor - -0- Generix I made it back - sortof ...

Have a look at A516647

And, if I might make a suggestion ..... fasten your seat belt, it'll be a bumpy ride smiley - laugh

Post 18

Trillian

I just bought "Salmon of Doubt", too! I got it a week ago and just found out that pages 157 to 180 are missing from my copy. The reason why the Babelfish couldn't translate the cavemen's language is because it wasn't really a language yet. At least that's my theory.

Post 19

Amy Pawloski, aka 'paper lady'--'Mufflewhump'?!? click here to find out... (ACE)

As far as Thingites breeding... Kaz *is* due in about 5 weeks, I'm a Thingite, and the Warlord and High Priestess are in smiley - love...

Post 20

Ottox

"smiley - yikes The thought of The Thingites breeding a new generation is scary!!"

True!!! smiley - wah

Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more