A Conversation for Meat Loaf - the Singer

"All the stories about the nickname originate from his build and girth."

Post 1

Peet (the Pedantic Punctuation Policeman, Muse of Lateral Programming Ideas, Eggcups-Spurtle-and-Spoonswinner, BBC Cheese Namer & Zaphodista)

The story I heard was that, in his high school years, he perfected the trick of having his friends roll one wheel of an (unladen) Volkswagen over his head ( smiley - yikes) - anj onlooker shouted he was going to turn his brains to meat loaf. smiley - headhurts

Post 2

Peet (the Pedantic Punctuation Policeman, Muse of Lateral Programming Ideas, Eggcups-Spurtle-and-Spoonswinner, BBC Cheese Namer & Zaphodista)

(anj = an smiley - blush - it's cold, and I'm typing with gloves on... smiley - brr)

Post 3

egon

Hmm, never heard that one before.

Post 4

I think I heard it on a chat show about 20 years ago, possibly the Russel Harty show... smiley - erm

Post 5

egon

Never believe anything you hear on the Russell Harty show...

Post 6

jonas_jaeger

in the song "Tear me Down" from the "Couldn't have said it Better"-ablum they say that his farther called him Meat Loaf, but on some Meat-webside it says "he was called Meat Loaf by his footballcoach"

Key: Complain about this post