This is the Message Centre for abbi normal "Putting on the Ritz" with Dr Frankenstein

I missed some of the best news

Post 1

abbi normal "Putting on the Ritz" with Dr Frankenstein

The World Bank announced it this year ( it happened in 2010)
the extreme proverty - people living on less than $1.25 a day - has
dropped by half since 1990. It took 2 years to see progress happened
and was holding.smiley - applause

It is begining to look like the death penalty could be on the way out in the US.
I am reading articles on a weekly basis that are very positive on ending it.

I am sure there is more, I missed these two important trends.
Hoping for more Happy news, in this New Year smiley - smiley

Post 2

There is only one thing worse than being Gosho, and that is not being Gosho

I don't really know enough about the US political system, but I can't help feeling that if Washington was able to abolish the death penalty over state's rights, Texas would probably secede. I don't think it's going to happen in my lifetime smiley - sadface

I can clearly remember the first time I heard on the local Austin news that a prisoner had been executed, a week or two after I got here, and the chill it sent down my spine. That hasn't changed in the more than years I've lived in Texas.

Post 3

Willem

Hi there abbi and Doctor Strabismus! Thanks for the good news abbi, this is something people should seek more of. I really do hope they continue with getting away with the death penalty in the US.

Post 4

Reality Manipulator

Hi Abbi, Doctor Strabismus and Willem. Thanks Abbi for sharing the good news and I hope that it continues to improve. I also hope that the death penalty worldwide will be abolished too.

Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for abbi normal "Putting on the Ritz" with Dr Frankenstein

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more