This is the Message Centre for abbi normal "Putting on the Ritz" with Dr Frankenstein

confused about subscriptions

Post 1

abbi normal "Putting on the Ritz" with Dr Frankenstein

I kept having troubles with goo so I have been using Pliny (I think)
Seems to work better.

I don't understand "subscriptions" ,haven't push those buttons yet.
I don't think goo had thosesmiley - erm
Are subscriptions for a type of page- entries? People? threads? smiley - thepost

I think I need a nap.

Post 2

hellboundforjoy

Goo does have subscriptions. In fact, I am subscribed to this conversation and have the option of unsubscribing (but I wouldn't do that!) You can subscribe to entries so you get updated when there are new conversations about them. You can subscribe to individual conversations. If you add a person to your friends list, you are automatically subscribed to their journal entries. Does that help? Maybe check back after your nap. ZZZ.

Post 3

Lanzababy - Guide Editor

Even we don't understand fully about the subscriptions option in Pliny. There are some things added to how Pliny works which were put in by the BBC.

I use add to Friends, and have bookmarked entries and so forth. I subscribe to certain forums. I unsubscribe a lot from various conversations.

Eventually the tech team will build us a whole new system, which will incorporate the best of everything into one seamless whole, so we can use the skins we prefer, but have the option to use the best of all worlds. Goo will always remain but will have the facilities that people have liked using from the other skins, for instance.

I hope this helps, but I am not one of the tech team, but I try to follow what I am told and pass this to our volunteers to help clarify things a little. I suppose we all still have to have patience. We rely solely on Pastey at the moment, and we are all volunteers now.

Lanza

smiley - cheerupsmiley - petunias

Post 4

Thank you bothsmiley - smiley
I intend to hang in here.
I am very impressed with the work done to save hootoo.

It feels a bit better knowing others are a tiny confused.
To Pasteysmiley - hug amazing work.
I would never complain knowing peoples dedication that has kept h2 here!

Actually I did not think I was missing anything!
It seemed I had all the things I did before so I was confused.
Did not want to miss something new or easier.

So that does help lanza and helliesmiley - cool

Post 5

Lanzababy - Guide Editor

smiley - hug

smiley - biggrin

Post 6

Baron Grim

Besides If adding someone to your friends list, you can now also "subscribe to user" in any skin. I'm not mistaken, that will let you know when they publish new articles, and bookmark articles. To see these use pliny and click on "subscriptions" from your user space.

Post 7

That's helpful!smiley - smileythanks

Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for abbi normal "Putting on the Ritz" with Dr Frankenstein

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more