This is the Message Centre for abbi normal "Putting on the Ritz" with Dr Frankenstein

how come...

Post 1

?

...you never come 'round no more?
now, what are you waiting for?
i've been waiting with an open door...
you gotta come around some more...
eh?

how come...

Post 2

abbi normal "Putting on the Ritz" with Dr Frankenstein

smiley - smiley Hi
It is nice to be missed.
Come around where? Oh my, did I miss a spot?
It was unintentionalsmiley - bigeyes
smiley - disco

how come...

Post 3

?

i never heard back from you on the "?" thread you had started at my null space. and, and, i did post some stuff thereabouts i thought you'd like to see. so i did tooo...!

how come...

Post 4

I'll check your page again then! Thanks.
I did come by ,I wondered about you.
I found the one link that had been removed from an A#
smiley - smiley
smiley - disco

how come...

Post 5

?

check the '?' thread you started at my site and then seem to have unsubscribed from. let me know what you think, especially about the last post, okay?!

how come...

Post 6

Yeah I lost some of my friends list one daysmiley - erm Some other stuff during computer problems. My page went back in time kinda sorta smiley - weird I also clean up on sundays, might have clean too thoroughlysmiley - yikes
Ok smiley - run Headed there now, not on for long thoughsmiley - ill
OH ooo I did go to hackedheaded smiley - erm brainhack wwwpage
smiley - disco

how come...

Post 7

?

okay!!

how come...

Post 8

I just watched a show *I'm ducking * on PBS. They were talking about an upcoming FCC vote. Bill Clinton loosed the laws enabling the media to merge as they have been doing. They want the restrictions lifted further. The media giants want to get bigger.

There is an interesting case of a smaller town where 6 out of the 7 radio staions were clear channel. No live people so when there was a town emergency there was no warning system available. There was no one there to flip the switch or answer the call! The main thing media is suppose to do is inform and protect with information. It is ridiculous idea to let the 6 big ones get bigger.

How have they become such unlimited money makers. Has it always been that way? I know they have to prove their worth to get a license. How can we expect truth or diversity if the same old bottom line rules! The money now says embedded reporting . Of course they are in bed with the money makers. How is that free press? They are going to be influenced more and more by this. They say they cannot *afford* to let staions be independant, letting all cities have their own staff, writers,opinions & local news. I am sure if media fought that hard to get the laws changed then grew that fast someone is making big bucks. Is it only the corporate top again? The anchors get paid well.

The old guard in reporters warned of this on their way out. Walter and Huntley Brinkley..Memory loss on others at the moment. We will loosing the remaining reporters that are respected and have spoken out on this. Younger ones take it all as a matter of fact because they have been *field raised* this way already!

So write your state people on this one. Oh yes...I do that,you'd asked what I actually *do* about these things. Pass the word for others to do the samesmiley - smiley
smiley - disco

how come...

Post 9

http://www.theatlantic.com/issues/2003/04/kelly.htm

Mike Kelly of The Atlantic, last article before dying.
smiley - disco

how come...

Post 10

?

i am loathe to read the Atlantic Monthly as it is now in the hands of neo-cons who have perverted it as has been done in a far more through manner at the New Statesman and especially at the New Republic. Even old Harper's is becoming irrelevant; i always enjoyed their index now it is filled with trivia and non-sequiters. i admire Bill Moyers but i remind myself that he is a reasonable man not a far leftist; after all he was advisor to LBJ. Grey Davis of CA was nurtured by the Browns, the elder did a lot of good for the state; it seems their former advisor is now bent on undoing all the good the father and son did mid and latter part of the last century. as for supporting the troops the best way to do this is to bring them home safe and alive and use them not to promote agendas but to defend the principals of the republic. that is what stopped the horror in se asia. i read with huge dismay talk of 'going after' Syria and Iran; are they serious is this going to be endless total war; i remember the horrid comic books of the name.... do the fundamentalists who think they model themselves after one of the gentlest of men to walk the earth really think this remaking of west asia - if realized - will cause all jews to return to Palestine and rebuild the temple thus bringing on the second coming and saving all the washed and smitting all others.

how come...

Post 11

?

thank you most deeply for the link. oh that Kelly was still writing!

how come...

Post 12

I think you certainly could be right on much of that.
The Syria situation makes me nervous too.

If no human is perfect their reporting is not either! I think the truth lies somewhere in between. Never for all to be known to anyone. What an impossible load that would be in any case!

It is worrisome that what moyers does come out with is very serious stuff. I wonder what they are hiding of course, if they are willing to let go of the info he does!
smiley - disco

how come...

Post 13

?

check this url:

http://www.atimes.com/atimes/Middle_East/ED03Ak02.html

how come...

Post 14

OK I will.

smiley - blue David Blume, reporter diedsmiley - rose
smiley - disco

how come...

Post 15

?

when a seaker and exposer of truth passes on it is indeed a sad thing ... we will keep communicating in respect of their memories if nothing more.smiley - cheerup

how come...

Post 16

?

i left u some links at "?" do see!smiley - ok

how come...

Post 17

Thankssmiley - ok
smiley - disco

how come...

Post 18

?

jolly good!

how come...

Post 19

http://www.andrewsullivan.com
It is sort of like the Drudge Report but not. Sends you to various places exact artcles, plus opinion.
Do you know the person or site?
smiley - disco

how come...

Post 20

?

i've never seen this site before or heard of this person. to me it is certainly _not a middle of the road opinion a la say Bill Moyers that is being expressed there. i would caution you to be aware of propoganda and disinformation pieces that are rife about now. i'll give you a link and apologies if i've proposed it before:

http://www.atimes.com/atimes/Middle_East/ED03Ak02.html
http://www.atimes.com/front/DC02Aa02.html

i also highly recommend, once again, you examine the item by Judith Grant in "the chronicle of higher education."

Key: Complain about this post