This is the Message Centre for Mort - a middle aged Girl Interrupted

Mort Returns!

Post 1

Mort - a middle aged Girl Interrupted

Grr - despite a 5 month disagreement with the log in monster - just cos I got a new PC - I am back smiley - biggrin
Finally had to create a new account to work out why my secret answer to the secret question wouldnt work - after exhausting all possible alpha numeric combinations - I discovered I needed an extra digit smiley - rolleyes

Biggest news is I have quit smoking - 5 months nicotine free smiley - yikes I have smoked since I was 17. In 6 weeks I will be 39 smiley - shhh , so I did good - cold turkey, full stop, quit one day (I had no money and no choice).

Miss it though smiley - erm but lungs happier and as I developed asthma 2 years ago then it was a no brainer really. Just needed to talk myself round - but this time actually 'doing it' rather than 'thinking it'.

Still got WeeOne, my baby girl cat. She is 18 this year - and the last of them.

Mort Returns!

Post 2

Terran

Yay! Hurray! smiley - biggrin Happy birthday to your cat! And congratulations on the non-smoking! I've never smoked, but that's mostly because I have a scary number of relatives who do, and I'm fairly confident the addictive gene (if such a thing exists) would be in my blood stream (along with the tobacco and any other crap I could get my hands on!)

Incidently I can't remember the last time I chatted directly to you! I tend to be at the side of conversations, but yay for me being the first to reply! smiley - biggrin

Good to see you again anyway Mort! smiley - biggrin

Mort Returns!

Post 3

J

Good to see you, Mort. smiley - smiley Well done on the smoking. I'm sure it's quite difficult to quit like that, all at once.

Those login "secret questions" can be tricky. I had to experiment with one on another account not long ago. The answer seemed so obvious when I picked it, but suddenly I was robbing the old memory banks to try to figure the answer out.

Mort Returns!

Post 4

Ivan the Terribly Average

smiley - lurk

Late again, that's what I am.

Hi Mort. smiley - smiley

Mort Returns!

Post 5

Mister Matty

Well done on giving up smoking.

I've been developing a recipe for an excellent meat-free cumberland pie (I've taken to eating soya 'meat' instead of the real thing quite a lot of the time cuz it's cheaper, healthier and easier to cook smiley - biggrin ) which I'll share with you once I've got it perfected. Just trying to find a good substitute for real beef stock (which I use).

Mort Returns!

Post 6

zendevil

smiley - disco Yippee, Mort is back!!!smiley - disco

While you were away; I have moved from Frogland to Oirland (Yeah, you guessed it, met a gorgeous guy on the internetsmiley - rolleyes & am now living on a farm; with Him (P), 10 smiley - sheep, 1 goat, 1 smiley - dog & 2 smiley - catsmiley - cat, one of which is Yoda, we went to collect her from the Hiliton Hotel for smiley - cat France a couple of weeks back; the quarantine/tick/flea/pet passport stuff is amazingly complex, but she is here & settled in straight awaysmiley - biggrin

So glad your pussy is still going strong after all those yearssmiley - winkeye; maybe i should quit smoking too...i do worry sometimes that Yoda may be exposed to passive smoking; but at least i've cut down, since P doesn't smoke, so i only do so outside, or in bathroom or my own room, not in communal areas.smiley - applause for you for doing it 'cold turkey'

Please feel free to say hi on whatever Eye thread is current; gawd, that reminds me, blackcurrants to pick, jam to be made etc....i am becoming a proper (well, somewhat impropersmiley - winkeyelittle Hausfrau here!)

If you'd like to emailme, please do, it's the same one but now at gmail.com; i've also got chat thingy there.

Lovely to see you back!smiley - smooch

zdt

Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for Mort - a middle aged Girl Interrupted

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more