This is the Message Centre for Vicki Virago - Proud Mother

Oh for gods sake, enough already!

Post 1

Vicki Virago - Proud Mother

I know my hormones are running pretty wild right now but do I really have to cry so much? The past couple of days have been pretty awful with crying for no reason whatsoever. I feel fat. I feel uncomfortable. I think the baby's head has moved down as I am having more feelings of the urge to wee. Braxton Hicks are becoming a more regular feature too. Ah well, tea is in the oven. smiley - puff

Post 2

Jackruss a Grand Master of Tea and Toast, Keeper of the comfy chair, who is spending a year dead for tax reasons! DNA!

smiley - hug don't panic smiley - smiley

Post 3

2legs - Hey, babe, take a walk on the wild side...

so long as you know where your towel is, there isn't any need to panic smiley - zensmiley - towelsmiley - goodlucksmiley - tea

Post 4

Emily...overly fond of the ellipsis...and top ten lists...submit yours @ A87824361...

2legs is right, if you go by TV soaps alone, towels and hot water seem to be the most important parts of childbirth...and seemingly the only thing anyone knows about it! So as the guide tells us, don't panic, always have your towel and a good cup of tea sorts most things! smiley - towel

(On a serious note, hope you've not got too much longer to go and things go okay! It'll be worth it in the end smiley - hug)

Post 5

Prof Animal Chaos.C.E.O..err! C.E.Idiot of H2G2 Fools Guild (Official).... A recipient of S.F.L and S.S.J.A.D.D...plus...S.N.A.F.U.

smiley - winkeyestop moaning - I smiley - wahevery Wednesday and Saturday nightsmiley - sadfacewhen I haven't won the Irish lotterysmiley - laughsmiley - laughyah don't hear me gripingsmiley - whistle ask thi mamsmiley - runsmiley - runsmiley - runsmiley - biggrin

Post 6

lil ~ Auntie Giggles with added login ~ returned

It's hormones and weather that are getting her down.

Feeling fat comes with the territory, hunny smiley - smooch

Not too long to go now, it just feels longer! When Baby Bump arrives you will wonder what the hell you ever did with your time! smiley - laugh

Love you sweetheart smiley - kiss

mum xx

Post 7

Bleh. Another 7 1/2 weeks to go yet. Could have her right here right now if I had my way but that would make her too early and I don't want to run the risk.

Neal reckons I won't last until my due date in any event.

Had to call the midwife today...Braxton hicks getting far too strong for my liking but the midwife is convinced that is what they are and understands why I'm so worried about early labour given my past history!

I think it works out at something like 53 sleeps to the date the baby is supposed to arrive!

Post 8

2legs - Hey, babe, take a walk on the wild side...

You must be suffering in this heat... I am smiley - puff mind.... icecream seems to help, so just demand an endless supply of icecream! smiley - sillysmiley - goodluck

Post 9

Dr Anthea - ah who needs to learn things... just google it!

smiley - hug
I never experienced the "joy" of Braxton hicks with the two of my boys, so I can't say i know what your going through

but it's not long now and they will all be forgotten about after the big event.

smiley - goodluck

Post 10

Reality Manipulator

I hope that the weather gets more cooler especially at night time. My sister experienced something similar and was admitted to hospital where they stopped the premature contractions.smiley - hugsmiley - cuddle

Post 11

She's a lot more relaxed tonight smiley - ok

lil x

Post 12

Icy North

Have they finally proved that the Braxton Hicks particle exists?

Post 13

Not sure about proving particle existence but all I can say is yet again Little Onion has hiccups...again!

I have my sister, brother in law, darling daddy and Neal at my house at the moment dismantling wardrobes and moving things around so I can set up my nursery.

7 weeks to go on Monday. Me getting scared now! smiley - yikes

Post 14

U14993989

Are you being well looked after, are you able to relax, able to use this time to do that reading you left on the back-burning, are you writing your journal/diary, is your mind in a creative state (ideas, poetry, philosophy), I assume you have the towels ready ...

General question to hootooers: When does the unborn child begin to hear? You hear of parents playing musical scales, reading Shakespeare out loud etc to baby bump in order to give them a head start so to speak.

Post 15

Emily...overly fond of the ellipsis...and top ten lists...submit yours @ A87824361...

Well, if you Google it, it's the third predicted question and the answer seems to range from 8 weeks to 16...smiley - erm

...just watch what music you play!

My mum says that the night before I was born, she was in the bath and dad was sitting with her, playing his guitar. He hit a particular chord, I lurched from one side of her stomach to the other and was born within 24 hours, two weeks early.

...still can't play the guitar though smiley - winkeye

Post 16

We know that Baby Bump loves rock music, but totally hates heavy metal! smiley - biggrin

And also responds to Nana's voice smiley - blush

lil x

Post 17

scorp

Wouldn't dare not to respond to Nana's voice lil smiley - biggrin

Post 18

smiley - diva

Post 19

Prof Animal Chaos.C.E.O..err! C.E.Idiot of H2G2 Fools Guild (Official).... A recipient of S.F.L and S.S.J.A.D.D...plus...S.N.A.F.U.

shallot have much rest while you call it little onionsmiley - laugh

Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for Vicki Virago - Proud Mother

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more