A Conversation for BLOODY MEN

Men

Post 1

Grendel

Yeah, well, fair do's, but women can be just as cruel and discourteous. I know this to be true! 'Tis a cross-gender thing, males do not exclusively have dibs on being bastards, not by a long shot!!

Men...

Post 2

LooLoo

I know that women can do the same, but why do I seem to attract men who treat me like dirt. I know for a fact that I don't have a sign hanging around my neck saying mug, but this particular man in question told me in one breath that he "Loved Me" and in the next was kissing my sister.

Men...

Post 3

Grendel

Well, have you heard the theory that women have a built-in "Bastard Radar", which ensures they are only ever attracted to men who will treat them like shit. It does seem to be a recurring pattern. Myself, I have been burnt twice in a relationship, and I'd like to think I'll never go down that route again, but who knows? Is any human really trustworthy?
Perhaps that's being cynical though. The tragic thing is that I know a couple of girls who like me whom I love and respect greatly as friends, and I know them to be terrific people, but I cannot go out with them because they simply don't get my blood racing. So perhaps it'll always be a problem; go for the heart or go for the eyes?

Men...

Post 4

LooLoo

I have been burnt myself a couple of times.

Eventually someone will come along and will send your heart racing.

Who knows this may well have happened to me already.

Men...

Post 5

Grendel

Good on you, then.

Men...

Post 6

LooLoo

What happened to you, to hate women so much?.

Men...

Post 7

Grendel

I don't hate women. I think they're lovely things, and should be applauded for being so.
However, I just know that both genders have equal power to hurt each other. And I fall in love too easily.

Men...

Post 8

LooLoo

Is it LOVE or is it LUST?.

Men...

Post 9

Grendel

I dunno. That's what confuses me.

Men...

Post 10

LooLoo

What is LOVE?

Men...

Post 11

Grendel

The socially acceptable way of telling someone you want to have sex with them.

Men...

Post 12

LooLoo

Why can't you just say "Can I sleep with you", this would stop all confusion over the love issue.

Men that want to sleep with you don't really love you do they.

Men...

Post 13

Kädinger

Sorry for interrupting, but I think there indeed IS some problem: men saying they love you really *mean* it that way. They do love you. When they have sex with you, they feel like being in love. Problem is, they forget it too soon afterwards. Sure it is lust, but is's love anyway, so you can't blame them for lying; blame them for having a short term mind.

Men...

Post 14

LooLoo

I can see what you are saying, but have you read my article on Bloody Men. What I am trying to say is that men have this built in system where they can say I love you and then 2 minutes later are doing something that really proves they don't. As for men who tell you that they love you during sex, well just don't believe them.

Men...

Post 15

Kädinger

Well, OK, I see, etc etc. Sure have I read your article.

But: since you know all this, and obviously you're not able to change it, why don't you get used to it? I'm not saying that there aren't a lot of things that should be changed (and I'm thinking both of women *and* men), but why complaining all the time?

The chinese say:

1. You don't like this situation. Can you change it? Then do.
2. If you can't change it, can't you get accustomed to it? If yes, then do.
3. If you can't get used to it: didn't you know that before? So why complaining?

I don't know where this comes from, but I like it.

Men...

Post 16

The Dancing Tree

Hmm. I have an inkling that this is just inherant in human nature: people lie to get what they want. It isn't nice; it isn't clever; but it is what happens. To whit: I am a "bloody man" but have been burned a few times in the way you mention by unscupulous women, most notably when I have been absent (abroad or whatever). As per usual, I am a very faithful person and so wouldn't do this myself.

The thing is some people are to be trusted, one just has to find out which ones (and before it's too late!) Either that or become psychic or something smiley - smiley

Men...

Post 17

Dee-Luxe

Please may I add my twopeneth, If you never risk breaking your heart, you will most certainly never love, such is the way of the world.

Men...

Post 18

Dan

Lots of philosophising, some of which I agree with and some of which I don't. Doesn't change that fact that somebody got hurt and however much you rationalise it, it still sucks. LooLoo - you have my sympathy as a non-bastard (honest, guv). I've been there. Not there at the moment, fortunately, but hey, who knows?

Men...

Post 19

LooLoo

I appreciate the sentiment...but at the end of the day all men are bastards

Men...

Post 20

samon-mattney

well I'm sorry to say that is a complete generalisation and may be true for a lot of the male population. But there are genuine nice guys out there. I for one am lucky enough to have mr right. maybe you need to adjust your tactics.

Key: Complain about this post