This is the Message Centre for The jolly mindsurfer

An ACE Welcome!!!

Post 1

Rivkeh Yankee-Shoes... bashing about the BoE again

Hello! I am your friendly Assistant Community Editor! How are you getting settled here at the Guide? Would you care for some smiley - teasmiley - coffee or smiley - cappuccino ? Have a smiley - towel and Don't Panic... this place is easy to get used to!

I am here to welcome you and point you in the right direction... if you need any help from smiley navigation, how to dress up your personal space, or even how to find your way around, I'm the gal to ask!smiley - cool

I'll get you some helpful links soon... until then, feel free to ask away or just chat. You can find out about me by clicking on my name at the top of this post, which will take you to my personal space!

smiley - fairy Yankee-shoes

An ACE Welcome!!!

Post 2

The jolly mindsurfer

Hi there! This guide is a brilliant idea! I just finished reading, with sorrow and joy, the very last book of Douglas Adams - The salmon of doubt. Once more his great mind washed over me like a giant wave and swept me into his universe where seeing (or rather smelling) the world through a rhinoceros' senses is just as natural as making tea. He refers to this site several times, which made me log on. He also mentions that when he first thought about the concept of the original guide described in the book, he didn't know all that much about what he was talking about. I think this must be just about the closest anyone's come yet to turning his idea into a running model. Neat! Anyone from a SIG about HHGG out there?

An ACE Welcome!!!

Post 3

Rivkeh Yankee-Shoes... bashing about the BoE again

I loved Salmon of Doubt too! As a matter of fact, that's how I found the Guide myself. I cried when I found out DNA had passed away. I was on summer vacation when I discovered this site, and spend three weeks solid figuring it all out.

So, have you explored all the possibilities of the Guide? You can take the tour at A317459! Get to know some of the jargon at A632431. Need to learn GuideML to dress up your personal space? The clinic is found at A768594. My favorite, the smileys list, is A155909. Great way to meet folks is through a club or society A660340.

Hope those helped!

smiley - fairy Yankee-shoes

Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for The jolly mindsurfer

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more