A Conversation for h2g2: Tales of a Newbie

What Will Happen Next?

Post 1

Wowbagger

Give your smiley - 2cents worth.
Save me from the pain of indecision.

Help. Vote.


What Will Happen Next?

Post 2

Post Team

I vote for 'h2g2 Life' coming back for a spell, followed by 'the further adventures of Anubi' smiley - smiley

*cracks whip* smiley - winkeye

shazz smiley - thepost


What Will Happen Next?

Post 3

Post Team

Me votes for a doughnut please... hmmm... very hungry now... oh and if you really want to know me desires... me just wants more of your talent in the Post... cause Mister Bagger sir... you knows hows mes feels abouts yous... ~huggle~

Greebs..xx


What Will Happen Next?

Post 4

Mystrunner

I agree! More of both, but a break from newbie.

BTW, amazing series. Seriously, just amazing.


What Will Happen Next?

Post 5

~ jwf ~ scribblo ergo sum

For some this 'ending' will seem like a 'beginning' as Anubi floats above it all. But we also see where he has come from, the cubicle of his own expectations there on the wired grid of cyberspace. And we see how he is flying back to where he came from but like all returning travellers he knows it for the first time.

smiley - musicalnote
Will the circle be unbroken,
by and by, lord, by and by
smiley - musicalnote

smiley - peacedove
~jwf~


What Will Happen Next?

Post 6

Z Phantom

can i be greedy and vote for "h2g2 life" AND "Anubi"


What Will Happen Next?

Post 7

Amy the Ant - High Manzanilla of the Church of the Stuffed Olive

That can't be the end smiley - wah.

More... of everything... anything really... please?


What Will Happen Next?

Post 8

Munchkin

What? The end? Nooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!
*Cough* Anyhoo, that said, I don't mind what you do, it is all great, just so long as we get to see more.


What Will Happen Next?

Post 9

The Researcher formally known as Dr St Justin

For me, it doesn't matter what you do - so long as there's something!


What Will Happen Next?

Post 10

Wowbagger

Erm... sorry about this. Truly sorry.

But, in the immortal (pun intended) words of Connor MacLeod (of the clan MacLeod): "There can be only one." smiley - laugh


What Will Happen Next?

Post 11

Toccata

What an immortal newbie? smiley - laugh

Some H2G2 life then some more about Anubi woold be cool smiley - smiley


What Will Happen Next?

Post 12

MaW

Not 'Stop'! Anything, but don't stop!!!!!!

Anything you produce will probably be amazing. Do something new if you have a good idea for it, but if you don't, h2g2 Life would be pretty cool to have back for a bit!


What Will Happen Next?

Post 13

Swiv (decrepit postgrad)

*balances scales*

H2G2 life on one side, Anubi on the other

smiley - wah

it's a bit too hard!


What Will Happen Next?

Post 14

Kandyman - Keeper of Old Buses

Totally agree with all the comments above smiley - ok

My vote goes for some more h2g2 Life then some more Newbie or Something New.

Thanks for all the smiles

K(KoOsmiley - bus)


What Will Happen Next?

Post 15

Bogie

More 'h2g2life' Please! That was/is a great series.

B.


What Will Happen Next?

Post 16

DoctorMO (Keeper of the Computer, Guru, Community Artist)

I votes for dis simlimiar, I'd go for H2G2 Life, of H2G2 The Universe or Anything/Everything.... Anwbi has run his corse and I think if it was continued it would have to be renamed anyway and a new plot and direction thought up...

-- DoctorMO --


What Will Happen Next?

Post 17

Asteroid Lil - Offstage Presence

Anything but stop, Wowbagger! I always adored 'H2G2 Life' because I never knew what you'd be focussing on from week to week.

Do you have a new cartoon style you want to explore? Have at it!

Admiringly
Lil


What Will Happen Next?

Post 18

Amy Pawloski, aka 'paper lady'--'Mufflewhump'?!? click here to find out... (ACE)

Ideal? Both A and B every weeksmiley - winkeye Maybe alternate? Or maybe H2G2 Life from the viewpoint of Anubi.... Though reconciling the styles would be tough...

Anything but D!!!


What Will Happen Next?

Post 19

~ jwf ~ scribblo ergo sum

My dear Wowbagger,

It would appear from the posts here so far that there is a 'demand' that h2g2Life be revived AND a fervent wish that Anubi's friendly innocence not be lost.

While, like Lil and others, I would like to see you further explore your talents freely, I think it's safe to say what you've been doing is working quite well. And on several levels.

No one has yet presumed to suggest any specific 'new' ventures. This may be a reflection of a lack the imagination out there or simply a satisfying affirmation of the pleasurable comfort your past work has provided. But I sense you want to do more.

So may I suggest that Anubi might take on the starring role as the h2g2researcher in any new episodes of h2g2Life. I realise this would mean replacing your own bearded likeness with the more friendly and charming Anubi's innocent Everyman visage. smiley - bigeyes

But this would allow you to distance your own persona from the topics and allow you to get a little more ..oh what's the word ..uhm ..involved? ..uhm ..critical ...uhm ..controversial? ..or at least, less liable to being personally identifed with taking sides on the issues or poking fun at other researchers.

Anubi could be seen to enter into discussions on a wider range of subjects and express points of view that would not be seen as those of Wowbagger. Just as Mickey and Donald said and did things that Walt Disney wouldn't say or do in public. This could be the Freedom you need to tackle other larger issues both from onsite and from the real world.

*begins to chortle at the thought of Anubi posting in such threads as...(list deleted)*

smiley - biggrin
~jwf~




What Will Happen Next?

Post 20

Mystrunner

Or meeting the Thingites?


Key: Complain about this post