The Best of Days – The Worst of Days

1 Conversation

You woke up late this morning to find it pouring down rain. As you’re getting ready for class you notice that you have a monster zit on the tip of your nose. Now, you are completely obsessed with your nose and spend 20 minutes attempting to hide the grotesque mound that is forming on your nose. You look at the clock, forgetting that you woke up late, and realize you’re going to be late for your 8:00 am mid term. You rush out the door, forgetting to turn off the lights, and run to your first class. As you are running down the sidewalk, you trip on the laces of your untied shoes and fall into the mud. A great way to start the day, wouldn’t you say?

Could you say that this, or something similar, has happened to you? Would you classify this as a “bad day”? Believe it or not, it is possible to prevent a bad day from happening.

People are always rushing to get things done, or hurrying through their day to accomplish the many tasks they need to finish. No one ever seems to slow down enough to enjoy the little things in life. For example, wake up early one morning, get dressed in a leisurely manner, and walk outside and watch the sun rise, or listen to the sounds of the birds waking up to greet the day. Instead of hurrying through lunch, sit and enjoy your food, thoroughly tasting each bite or each sip of drink. If eating lunch with friends, listen to what they have to say, and enjoy their company. You will find that once you allow your mind to relax as well as your body, you will feel a great deal better. You will also find yourself having fewer bad days.

Keep in mind that what might start off as a reasonable day will almost always turn bad once stress and tension enter the picture. If your stress level begins to rise, calmly tell yourself to breathe deeply and count to ten (or twenty, or thirty if needed!)

It is a known reality that everyone is bound to have a bad day every once in a while. Next time you find yourself not having the best of days, try not to take it so seriously and attempt to make the best out of it. If something happens which you might not agree with, remember, life goes on!

Bookmark on your Personal Space


Entry

A982361

Infinite Improbability Drive

Infinite Improbability Drive

Read a random Edited Entry


Written and Edited by

Disclaimer

h2g2 is created by h2g2's users, who are members of the public. The views expressed are theirs and unless specifically stated are not those of the Not Panicking Ltd. Unlike Edited Entries, Entries have not been checked by an Editor. If you consider any Entry to be in breach of the site's House Rules, please register a complaint. For any other comments, please visit the Feedback page.

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more