A Conversation for The Nearly but Not Quite 'Official' Peer Review Discussion Forum

Quality of PR - Suggested Actions

Post 101

Malabarista - now with added pony

smiley - ok Exactly!

There's no reason you can't say something needs changing without deliberately upsetting people.

People who can't take *any* kind of criticism - even if it's constructive - shouldn't go into PR.


Quality of PR - Suggested Actions

Post 102

Secretly Not Here Any More

Maybe we need a "how to review an entry" entry to go alongside the "how to write an entry" entry?


Quality of PR - Suggested Actions

Post 103

Malabarista - now with added pony

Good idea - the little note on the PR page appears insufficient.

It will have to be collaborative, of course.


Quality of PR - Suggested Actions

Post 104

Secretly Not Here Any More

Of course!


Quality of PR - Suggested Actions

Post 105

McKay The Disorganised

Oh goody - something else to argue about !



smiley - winkeye

smiley - cider


Quality of PR - Suggested Actions

Post 106

Malabarista - now with added pony

New thread for collecting ideas?


Quality of PR - Suggested Actions

Post 107

Pinniped


Oddly enough, once upon a time, I had a play with the Guidelines. One of the themes that comes in is a Reviewer-oriented reworking: A693515.

It never got finished, and I kind of gave up on the idea of a critical mass of Researchers agreeing with it.

Any use/interest?


Quality of PR - Suggested Actions

Post 108

Malabarista - now with added pony

That's for entries, though, not how to comment in PR!


Quality of PR - Suggested Actions

Post 109

McKay The Disorganised

Yeah - I always meant to query that piece with you Pin - surely advertising copy-writers are lower than journalists ?

smiley - cider


Quality of PR - Suggested Actions

Post 110

Pinniped


Adverising copy-writers are redeemed somewhat by the fact that they secretly know they're tawdry little whores.
Hacks, on the other hand, suffer from the appalling delusion that they're somehow champions of justice and guardians of the public interest.

It's a bit like the way that night club bouncers are slightly more human than policemen.


Quality of PR - Suggested Actions

Post 111

McKay The Disorganised



smiley - cider


Quality of PR - Suggested Actions

Post 112

Secretly Not Here Any More

"Adverising copy-writers are redeemed somewhat by the fact that they secretly know they're tawdry little whores."

Cheers Pin. smiley - erm


Quality of PR - Suggested Actions

Post 113

McKay The Disorganised



smiley - cider


Quality of PR - Suggested Actions

Post 114

Pinniped


Psycorp, I'm sorry. I had no idea you were a tawdry little whore. Tell you what, you may delete one adjective of your choice. Can't say fairer than that...

...maybe time to get back on topic, yeah?


Quality of PR - Suggested Actions

Post 115

Primeval Mudd (formerly Roymondo)

As this is a thread that's drifted through many topics, and under the circumstances, I feel that's a tad out of order.


Quality of PR - Suggested Actions

Post 116

Primeval Mudd (formerly Roymondo)

I think I misread the manner in which '...maybe time to get back on topic, yeah?' was intended. Sorry if that was the case.


Quality of PR - Suggested Actions

Post 117

Pinniped


No offence intended, Roymondosmiley - ok

To be clear, it was no more than an acknowledgement that I'd taken us off-topic, and that maybe we ought to get back.

And I hope Psycorp isn't too insulted by being either tawdry or little, but not both.

smiley - doh...Oh b*gger. Off topic again...


Quality of PR - Suggested Actions

Post 118

Primeval Mudd (formerly Roymondo)

Is it possible for an advertising copywriter to be insulted?*

smiley - run

*those that know what I do for a living would probably say the same of me.

On topic: Skankyrich legitimately called me on something I said about the 'Where are you going to put this entry' options. He's right, the options are clear. I think, in retrospect, I was framing something bigger in the context of the options available.

Having pondered what I really feel I reckon it would be good to have a 'What sort of entry are you writing' option [i]before[/i] writing the entry, asking if it's for the EG or if it's something more personal/creative, with an 'I'll decide later' option, and disabled for journal entries.


Quality of PR - Suggested Actions

Post 119

KB

How big a problem *is* it really, though, that unsuitable writing goes into PR? Yes it happens, yes, it can be a nuisance. But really, though, it is a minor irritation. It doesn't do any harm to the Guide or the site as a whole unless they slip through into the Edited Guide, which should never happen.

It's something that's always happened, and I think it always will, no matter what technical tweaks are made to try and prevent it.


Quality of PR - Suggested Actions

Post 120

Mu Beta

Can I just point out that I already knew Psycorp was a tawdry little whore.

I had no idea he was an advertising copy-writer, mind you.

B


Key: Complain about this post