A Conversation for Ariadne's ball of string...

Would it be an idea...

Post 1

darakat - Now with pockets!

To make this not for review?


Would it be an idea...

Post 2

LL Waz

Have done, though I can't imagine anyone ever wanting to submit it for review.

Also removed the blob in case anyone mistakes this piece of string for a gem. Oh, and updated it to include an explanation.

It was only started as a set of personal bookmarks, but it's quite a useful reference for comparing what we set out to do with what we're actually doing.


Would it be an idea...

Post 3

darakat - Now with pockets!

Yeah, as training to be a librarian i know all about useful sites and references, i just thought that maybe if this is going to be here it shouldn't be a "editable" article.


Would it be an idea...

Post 4

LL Waz

"a useful reference for comparing what we set out to do with what we're actually doing..."

Now a sad reminder of how it started out compared to how it finished, a very brief link in the bottom left-hand corner alongside links to wikipedia and long-defunct h2g2 club pages. Hey ho. smiley - sadface

At least the entries it featured were never less than gems. The UG stayed true to what was in its power to stay true to.


Would it be an idea...

Post 5

J

Oh Waz... smiley - hug As far as I'm concerned, the UG was never anything less than a huge success. Like you say, it stayed true to its purpose.

Perhaps even more importantly, noohootoo wouldn't be shaping up like it is if not for all this string we collected. smiley - smiley


Would it be an idea...

Post 6

Hypatia

The UG rocked!


Would it be an idea...

Post 7

LL Waz

Well it did in a lot of ways, but for quite a while I felt a fraud congratulating authors on being 'featured' alongside a link to a club that no-one had posted to in a decade.

The only thing I regret though is succumbing to Charlotte's twin threats of smiley - racket1 getting nothing more for the UG if we didn't stop complaining, and smiley - racket1 that if we submitted an entry that failed the BBC editorial policy the whole batch of submissions would be failed. Looking back, I'd rather have gone out in a riot rather than faded away.


Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more