A Conversation for Talking Point: How Did You Discover the HHGTTG?

My dad read iy yo me when I was a child.

Post 1

beckwad

Excellent bedtime story material, don't you think? I guess that's why I am such a weirdo.


My dad read iy yo me when I was a child.

Post 2

broelan

if you don't mind my asking, how old were you? i've been waiting for my son to be old enough to follow it and enjoy it, but i thought 7 was maybe not quite old enough.


My dad read iy yo me when I was a child.

Post 3

Napnod the (thoughtful) little green sleep monster BSC Econ (Hons)"eek eek eek"

I used to listen to my dad's tapes of the radio series when I was very young (apparently Peter Jones' voice was one of the only things that used to get me to sleep) and so got onto the books as soon as I could read to that level (must have been 8 or 9). I was most disappointed that there were no foot soldiers in the books smiley - laugh. I would definitely recommend the books as reading material or the radio series, even for the quite young.


Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more