Melbourne Meet 2002

0 Conversations

That's right, it's time once again for the h2g2 Melbourne Meet Up. Okay, technically it's much more like a mini-meet than a proper Meet, but hey, we can only do what we can do! This year we even had an international guest to swell our numbers that little bit more, plus a special mystery guest. Just who were these international additions to the third Melbourne Meet Up? Read on, and all will be revealed...

The night started with King Cthulhu sitting at a table in Young & Jacksons pub in Melbourne (the site of the first Melbourne Meet) awaiting the arrival of the international visitor. Resplendent in his regal attire of a paper crown, the King bore well the giggling and pointing of other patrons in the bar. A text message on the phone announced the arrival of the aforementioned international visitor, who moments later appeared at the table. Not only did a girl called Ben thus duly kick off the meet, but she also proved to be the very same person who had walked past the King ten minutes earlier before he'd managed to get his crown organised on his head. In this way was the tradition of the original Melbourne Meet maintained - though at least this time noone got asked if they were Loony.

Ben regalled the King with tales of the solar eclipse which she'd attended in Ceduna, South Australia, along with tales from the Sydney meet not fit for printing in the report. The conversation then turned to more general matters of h2g2, a topic maintained when Cafram and Sir Evil Roy arrived not much later. Drinks were acquired/refreshed and the meet proper began.

In Progress...


Bookmark on your Personal Space


Conversations About This Entry

There are no Conversations for this Entry

Entry

A905573

Infinite Improbability Drive

Infinite Improbability Drive

Read a random Edited Entry


Disclaimer

h2g2 is created by h2g2's users, who are members of the public. The views expressed are theirs and unless specifically stated are not those of the Not Panicking Ltd. Unlike Edited Entries, Entries have not been checked by an Editor. If you consider any Entry to be in breach of the site's House Rules, please register a complaint. For any other comments, please visit the Feedback page.

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more