Chistmas tyranny!

1 Conversation

'Fraid i'm just not into the whole xmas rigmaroll-I hate the way it seems people have been programed to behave in certain ways and say certain things at this time of year- I cringe when someone asks me 'done your christmas shopping yet?' (the reply in case you're wondering is '"no, and i'm not planning on either..!"
and the reply to that is of course that i'm a 'scrooge' or 'ba humbug' etc,etc, yawn, yeah whatever....just not interested that's all- it's a free country right- i'm allowed to be not interested in Chritmas??

Now for the hypocritical bit.. I work in retail, so just about everything i'm doing in work at the moment is for christmas.. God if i wasn't already bored with christmas, that would do it for sure.

And as for the non-stop playing of the SAME BLOODY CHRISTMAS songs in every public place and shop, and virtually every radio station, for the whole of november and december EVERY BLOODY YEAR...

"well i wish it could be christmas every year...." over and over and over and over and over again, ad nausium... Christ(no pun intended), give us a break- please!!

Then of course there's the masses of sheep, sorry christmas shoppers clogging up the roads/trains/pavements, with their bags of mostly useless and unwanted but expensive crap....

Oh dear, it's just an opinion of course, that's all, but i can't be the only one who finds it all ridiculous and boring can i??

And another thing...<groan> (really getting into my stride on this rant now).The insincere writing of xmas cards, especially in the work place. everybody just sits there with a list of fellow employees, writing out a non-stop conveyor belt of 'to's' and 'from's'! then they sit opening up everbody elses cards, written with just us much thought and sincerity.. 2 weeks later they're all in landfill. What a waste of time and money! Wish i'd though of it though- greetings cards manufacturers RAKE it in!

And everybody goes along with it all, unquestioning year afer year like good little programed citizens, repeating exactly the same phrases and actions year after year... Well if "religion is the opiate of the masses" i dread to think what [Carl Marx? insert correct originator of that quote here], would make of our modern mega-commercilaised 'xmas'.

bye the way, i do rather like New year- i realise it's just as meaningless as christmas, but hey, so what i'm a hypocrit...






Bookmark on your Personal Space


Conversations About This Entry

Entry

A903836

Infinite Improbability Drive

Infinite Improbability Drive

Read a random Edited Entry


Disclaimer

h2g2 is created by h2g2's users, who are members of the public. The views expressed are theirs and unless specifically stated are not those of the Not Panicking Ltd. Unlike Edited Entries, Entries have not been checked by an Editor. If you consider any Entry to be in breach of the site's House Rules, please register a complaint. For any other comments, please visit the Feedback page.

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more