A Conversation for To Whom It May Concern

Please ignore previous transmission...

Post 1

Tonsil Revenge (PG)

I was watching "1940's House" the other night on PBS and they were rattling on about the blackout preparations the fambly had to go through or be fined heavily.
Then the narrator calmly said with a radio voice that people who had chinks of light on a regular basis had had their windows rocked by neighbors. Then he dropped the bombshell. He said that the streets were so dark that there had been 4,000 casualties on the streets and roads in 1940 alone from "accidents" due to the blackout conditions with the streets and the vehicles.
I really must apologise, for in my mind at that moment I thought that they were 'doing the job for the Germans'.

And then my tiny little mind drifted to Mr. Chamberlain...
for far too long...
'peace in our time'...
what a concept...
and how odd, that according to the New Testament, that the birth of the 'Prince of Peace' brought on the 'Slaughter of the Innocents', in a mirror of the conditions in Egypt at the time of the birth of Moses.

Most 'peace' is within.
Here's hoping we both find some of that.
smiley - sharksmiley - angel


Please ignore previous transmission...

Post 2

~ jwf ~ scribblo ergo sum

History is full of moments when the powerful and the righteous should have paused and said, "Hey wait a minute. We got everything we need. We're top dog. We have a pretty good life. Maybe we should show a little compassion toward the rest of the 'savage, rude and uncivilised world' for a change. Yes let us befriend the rest of the world and share our good fortune... Nah, let's go over there and take the last shred of power and fortune we don't completely control."

It was Rome's pride that lost them three legions, one after the other, trying to conquer the Germans, leaving the region in turmoil and susceptible to further encroahment from the NorthEast and the subsequent fall of the empire...

It was Alexander's syphilitic self-loathing that kept him pressing forward beyond the limits of his homeland's ability to govern all the lands he had conquered and led to his being cut off and betrayed...

Was it Napoleon's ego that lead him foolishly into a Russian winter?

It was Hitler's stupidity that made him follow the same path.

America, recently unfettered from the nastiness of a cold war and with no parallel super power to give them pause or caution must now learn to act like a big brother and resist the Temptation to behave like a big bully.

The sin of Temptation should be the subject in every pulpit in the land this Sunday! Americans may not know their history but they do know their bible and someone has to point out to them that they are not the Chosen people and remind them of all the wise kings who ruled in peace, by allowing a fair distribution of wealth and showing tolerance to other cultures and religions.

peace my friend,
~jwf~


Please ignore previous transmission...

Post 3

Tonsil Revenge (PG)

Hey, by the way. What do you want to do with the next CAC?


Please ignore previous transmission...

Post 4

~ jwf ~ scribblo ergo sum

Aha!
I have one ready. smiley - ok But of course I'm hoping you and others will be working on your own as well. We still have a huge load of Bossel nominations we haven't used, but I keep getting involved with the 'voluntary' contributions from researchers and feel obliged to put them forward before we loose track of them. So, I've got Darth Zaphod's new Guild of Random Quotes, a three part epic from Terran and a Flea Market salvage of the DNA Memorial Service.
peace
jwf


Please ignore previous transmission...

Post 5

Tonsil Revenge (PG)

Well, let me know.
Since the 'puter's been down for most of a week with a blown power supply, I'm going to have to crank it a bit to finish my normal Post thingie.
But I'm willing to pitch in when needed, as you know.
I'll see if I can get a dummy started next week, then.


Please ignore previous transmission...

Post 6

Tonsil Revenge (PG)

I like this one:
http://www.bbc.co.uk/dna/h2g2/alabaster/U203566


Please ignore previous transmission...

Post 7

~ jwf ~ scribblo ergo sum

Me too; I left a note.

Promised him fame.

So now if you don't wanna use it I'll have to add it to my already overstuffed next issue.

Oh and I dissed ya pretty bad in that stereo question thread where you offered unequaled advice, so you might want to 'please ignore previous transmission' from me there (he said, creating a self fulfilling prophesy in this thread's here-to-for ambiguous title).
smiley - run
~jwf~


Please ignore previous transmission...

Post 8

~ jwf ~ scribblo ergo sum

tonsil, me old trout,
Before this one gets lost in the backlog of unreal life, can you let me know if you're gonna use it in your next edition of CAC.
peace
jwf


Please ignore previous transmission...

Post 9

Tonsil Revenge (PG)

You can have it.
I just mentioned it to you before I forgot it.


Please ignore previous transmission...

Post 10

The CAC CONTINUUM - The ongoing adventures of the Committee for Alien Content (a division of AggGag)

Gotcha, thanks.

I won't add it to this weeks, which really is full, but I'll put into a new one which I started today because of an entry sent to the Flea Market.

peace
jwf


Key: Complain about this post