A Conversation for Humanity's Twenty Greatest Problems

Peer Review: A886395 - Humanity's Twenty Greatest Problems

Post 1

ChuckleTrousers, protector of all things moist and receiver of brilliant Muses who happen to be drunk at the time

Entry: Humanity's Twenty Greatest Problems - A886395
Author: ChuckleTrousers, protector of all things moist and receiver of brilliant Muses who happen to be drunk at the time - U210250

tell me what you think. Feel free to email me, my address is somewhere on my mail page. In the journal, I think.


A886395 - Humanity's Twenty Greatest Problems

Post 2

Tango

Hi! This is a very interesting topic, but it sounds like you want to work with the community to make it. If so, Peer Review is not the best place for it, try Writing-Collaborative which is designed for just this kind of project. Good luck!

Tango


A886395 - Humanity's Twenty Greatest Problems

Post 3

Gubernatrix

I agree, the place for this is the Collaborative Writing Workshop.

You might also want to suggest what 'humanity's problems' might mean. The suggestions you have made here relate to the environment and the planet we live on. But there are also social/quality of life problems such as heart disease, road rage, and putting (women) in brackets.

smiley - winkeye


A886395 - Humanity's Twenty Greatest Problems

Post 4

Anna Banana

Hello, I also agree with the post above.

Some questions: Why twenty? Are you sure it is enough or too much? You should precise the meaning of the problem. Drug abuse could be also a topic and the governamental support of it.

As for the limitation of the world´s population, I think one should also precise that this is a problem in the 'third world', meanwhile the 'first' one is suffering on overaging. What about terrorism? Or should I say readiness of people to solve their problems, which mainly raise from poverty and ignorance, by the use of violence?

See you in collaborative.
Anna Banana

PS. Why do the Researchers choose such long and unintelligible names?


A886395 - Humanity's Twenty Greatest Problems

Post 5

Dr Hell

Oh yes, collaborative! I'll be glad to join.

Here some thoughts:

Nuber one must be Water! Sweet water. This is the BIGGEST problem! Forget overpopulation, forget fossile combustibles. The world is far from being overpopulated in a geographic sense. The limiting factor for the global population is not availability of space but availability of water.

HELL


A886395 - Humanity's Twenty Greatest Problems

Post 6

McKay The Disorganised

Good one HELL - not a lot of people are aware of the problems in Russia and other places due to the shortage of water, wait until the 'water wars' break out - However if this was in collaberative I'd be making arguements for breakdown of family life and loss of values..... If it was moved....... smiley - ok


A886395 - Humanity's Twenty Greatest Problems

Post 7

Zarquon's Singing Fish!

ChuckleTrousers, do you know how to move the entry/

You need to go into Peer Review, click on 'remove', then resubmit it to the Collaborative Workshop, where I think it will do well.

smiley - fishsmiley - musicalnote


A886395 - Humanity's Twenty Greatest Problems

Post 8

ChuckleTrousers, protector of all things moist and receiver of brilliant Muses who happen to be drunk at the time

umm..yeah...my face is red. Sorry for the mis-classification. I'll move this over to that collaboritive section. BTW, Hell! great idea. I hadn't thought about it till you mentioned it, but i remember something about there being less than one half of one percent drinkable water on this planet compared to all the water there. THX!


A886395 - Humanity's Twenty Greatest Problems

Post 9

salicyclic (keeper of worn out leather army boots)

this is such a great premise for an article, particularly if it grows from a discussion.1
i think that our greatest problem is the fear we feel everyday, about all these trivial things that dont matter in the long run.
being anxious and preoccupied is so much a part of our society, its no wonder our brains and particularly our compassion have stopped working.
everyday we are taught to think that we should be bored, dissillusioned and unsatisfied, so that we keep consuming and competing with eachother.
we need to slow down, to start breathing properly, and to realise that we're all the same, if we're going to turn anything around.


good luck with your articlesmiley - smiley


Key: Complain about this post