A Conversation for The Minos Front

Sewers

Post 1

ED-E42

*The sewer is of the older design. The ceiling allows for a grown man to walk nearly upright. A steady flow of foul smelling muck slides down the center of the tunnel. Two Harmonic-Charges and the thin rotting wall collapses into the tunnel. Eddie steps through, seemingly unmoved by the sudden stench. SyD floats a few feet ahead of him, lighting the way.*


Sewers

Post 2

I'm Still Thinking... Lord Of Hell.

*Robert arms his twin sawed-off shotguns that he was keeping in his coat.* D*mn, we got found out quick. I hope I get to use these things...


Sewers

Post 3

Mystrunner

*Drops down, and walks up to tap Eddie, stopping when he turns around, somehow already aware that he is there. Silence rolls out of the hatch above, but dripping can be faintly heard ahead. Mystrunner motions that they should wait a bit for the rest.*


Sewers

Post 4

I'm Still Thinking... Lord Of Hell.

To Mystrunner: Hmm... You did check everywhere in your bar for cameras and mics, right?


Sewers

Post 5

Mystrunner

Oh, yes. It was very clean. However, we cannot be too sure that other people are the same. In fact, I remember someone dropping something into a hand-bag...


Sewers

Post 6

Apollo

*drops down from the hole, landing smoothly, Oracle drawn*

Honestly, couldn't that robot of yours have found a less disgusting escape route? I might go back up there and have a round at those police if this is what I have to look forward to smiley - winkeye

So chaps, what's the plan?


Sewers

Post 7

ED-E42

*SyD floats to the exact center of the tunnel and lets off a series of hollow clicks. He repeats that twice more and then stops.*

SyD: The passage is blocked 32 meters South, but North of us it branches in four directions. All seem un-obstructed. Assuming none of the length of the right most passage is blocked it should pass relatively close to the 42nd St Outpost.

Eddie: Yes. I guess that will be fine.

*SyD starts down the tunnel with Eddie not far behind.*


Sewers

Post 8

Apollo

*looks back up to see if Yar, Marshal, and Lily are on their way*


Sewers

Post 9

Lily [-2+1+0+(8*5)+3=42]

Lily wrinkles her nose at the stench.

"I'm right here. Honestly though, the sewer?"

She trudges down the slimed path and quickly catches up with most of the others. "Are we going to wait here? Or continue moving? Personally, I vote for the latter."

Lily pulls out her handbag and rummages through it for some more hair clips to keep her currently very uncooperative hair back and clean. Her fingers hit against a small pin. She pulls the pin out.

"Hello... What's this?"

She holds the pin up for the others to see.


Sewers

Post 10

Mystrunner

*Squints at it.*

...let me see that.

*Quickly takes the needle, and reaches down to his pocket. He pulls out a small piece of what looks like metallic black seran wrap, and wraps it about the needle, where lights flicker across it.*

This-
*Holding up the needle*
-could easily have led the feds to us. It's safe now, though. All it can hear are the sounds of breathing.

*Tosses it in the water.*


Sewers

Post 11

BobTheFarmer

[As Syd and Eddie approach the crosstunnel, a shadow steps out of the left hand passage. He appears to be wearing a full length leather trenchcoat, with sunglasses clipped to the lapel. He's also wearing black jeans and a t-shirt, and Doc Martins. He appears unarmed, but who knows what that coat could hide.]

*Looks at the group*

Ive been expecting you.

*Hearing sniggers*

And no jokes about me looking like a walking cliche, ok.

*Addresses everyone*

Quickest escape is down this right hand tunnel here, Ill explain later

*Turns with a billowing coat, and disappears into the RH tunnel.*


Sewers

Post 12

ED-E42

SyD: ED-E, SWAT members have just entered the sewers.

Eddie: Ok everyone, follow the walking cliche.

*Eddie weaves his way past the group. From within his coat he pulls out a small diamond shaped item. It beeps a couple of times and lifts into the air before him. The air seems to crackle with energy as shadows spring to life. Eddie turns away from what looks to have been a very ancient cave in.*

Eddie: That will only last a few hours. We need to move.


Sewers

Post 13

Dizzy H. Muffin

[Yar] Coming. [follows]


Sewers

Post 14

Apollo

*follows along, returning Oracle to it's holster, unbuttoning his jacket, and putting on a pair of sunglasses*

Night vision is wonderful smiley - cool

*to Marshal and Lily* Does anyone wonder why we're following Keanu Reeves up there?


Sewers

Post 15

ED-E42

*SyD floats a bit ahead of the group lighting the way.*

Eddie: We were planning to take this branch anyway. Should he prove a nuisance I'm sure one of you gun toting neanderthals would be so kind as to put him out of our misery.


Sewers

Post 16

BobTheFarmer

Actually Im not Keanu Reeves, Im Brandon Lee in The Crow.


And I wouldnt try anything, anyone of you, if you know whats good for you.


*looks psychotic*

Anyway, now we've got the formalities over and done with, I think we should move on, do you all have transport? I assume we're going to look at the site of the robbery?

*arrogance*


Sewers

Post 17

ED-E42

*At this point in the story, were this a chapter of 8-bit theater, RedMage would be stabbing him repeatedly. But since this isn't 8-bit theater....*

Eddie: The site of the robbery? Oh, you mean the heavily guarded government facility? The one that looks like an angry hornets nest of late?

SyD: I think that sounds reasonable!

Eddie: Excuse me?

SyD: Yes! We can let him go ahead of us and "scout" A floating silver ball trying to do "air quotes" without the assistance of fingers while we go find a more secure command center.

Eddie: Oh... right! Does anyone have a big red bull's eye we can secure to his chest? You know, so he... ummmm... blends in?


Sewers

Post 18

ED-E42

Doh! That should be BlackMage... although, would anyone here have caught that mistake? Any other 8-bit freaks out there?


Sewers

Post 19

Dizzy H. Muffin


[raises a hand]


[Yar] [under his breath to Lily, gesturing to The Walking Cliche] This guy are sick.


Sewers

Post 20

Apollo

My apologies Mr. Lee. You'll forgive my eyesight, as we're in a sewer being lit by a floating orb...

...no offense SyD. You've been very useful so far smiley - biggrin

But I suppose we should decide where we're going from here, eh? I for one would like to stay as far away from the scene of the ... *eyes cloud over*.. the crime.... *jumps as if startled*...
as, as we possibly can.

I know an old warehouse down on 42nd street. Large enough for a command post, though not so big as to attract attention. It belonged to an old friend of mine, a man named Bond... should suit our needs nicely.

And as for transportation *clicks his key ring*... the Jag can fit an alarming number of people smiley - winkeye

*hear's SyD make an odd sound* oh dear... I forgot about the electronic-signal-brings-bad-guys thing.

Might I suggest we run?


Key: Complain about this post