A Conversation for Hope the Digger

Great

Post 1

minorvogonpoet

This is great. smiley - applause I've not seen hope compared to a mole before, but the metaphor works.


Great

Post 2

Dmitri Gheorgheni, Post Editor

Thanks! smiley - hug


Great

Post 3

paulh, vaccinated against the Omigod Variant

Hope is a hard emotion to muster in this, the winter of our discontent. At best, I can visit the garden center at Lowe's and fantasize about the plants that will start being brought there for sale in late March .

That's about nine weeks away.

Nine. Long. Weeks.

I'm already so sick of Winter that I feel like ordering seeds and growing them in little pots on my windowsill.

Hope is about looking for the first green shoots to poke through the top of the soil. Asparagus seeds are fun to grow. They look like little trees when they come up.


Great

Post 4

minorvogonpoet

The avocado tree in our hall is growing new green leaves!

For years now, we've left it outside during the summer and brought it in for the winter. However, it's getting too tall now.


Great

Post 5

paulh, vaccinated against the Omigod Variant

Here's a link to a cold-hardy avocado tree:

http://www.fast-growing-trees.com/products/cold-hardy-avocado-tree

It can survive winters in zone 4


Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for Hope the Digger

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more