A Conversation for Colours of Wildlife: Yellow-Fronted Canary

Are the eyes actually yellow, though?

Post 1

paulh, vaccinated against the Omigod Variant

I can see how yellow eyebrows would make it seem as if the eyes themselves were yellow, but are they? Or am I being too picky?

Another thing: Lanzababy said that Lanza, one of the canary islands, was dry. If yellow-fronted canaries like drinking water, how would they get it on a dry island? Or do they have a different range than the canaries on the famous islands?

smiley - winkeye


Are the eyes actually yellow, though?

Post 2

paulh, vaccinated against the Omigod Variant

Florida and Hawaii have them, too.


Are the eyes actually yellow, though?

Post 3

Willem

Hello Paulh! No their actual eyes are not yellow but dark brown. It's just a reference to the yellow markings around the eyes.

They've been introduced to Hawaii and maybe escaped in Florida.

The canary that occurs in the Canary Islands is a different species, Serinus canaria. It is rare on Lanzarote. While that island is generally dry, there are moister bits of it, and there are some large trees and palms.


Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for Colours of Wildlife: Yellow-Fronted Canary

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more