A Conversation for Mystery Caterpillar, With Reveal

You didn't know I could read upside down.

Post 1

paulh, vaccinated against the Omigod Variant

I guess the Creator (if there is one) must have liked ugly caterpillars, because so many of them were made. Not all of them will become moths or butterflies, as many birds eat them.

Somehow, it seems as if Monarchs cheat by eating milkweed, which makes them poisonous or at least bitter-tasting to predators. Viceroys don't eat milkweed, but they mimic them in appearance.

And now milkweed is becoming scarcer, and so are Monarchs. ou can only foll Mother nature so long. smiley - biggrin


You didn't know I could read upside down.

Post 2

FWR

It definitely wasn't Monarch upside down! (or right side up, but my phone keeps rotating the screen, so I could be mistaken!)


You didn't know I could read upside down.

Post 3

Dmitri Gheorgheni, Post Editor

smiley - rofl Oh, yeah. A hand-held will do that, I didn't think.

The first time my desktop screen got turned upside down, it was Clancy the cat. He managed to stand on the right hotkey combination while I was away from the keyboard. I got back and had to Google how to get it back...somebody said, 'My toddler did the same thing.'


You didn't know I could read upside down.

Post 4

paulh, vaccinated against the Omigod Variant

I'm not sure who should feel complimented b the comparison -- the cat, or the toddler.


Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for Mystery Caterpillar, With Reveal

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more