How to Crochet a Hexagonal Washcloth
Mrs Hoggett will tell you how to make this handy and decorative washcloth.
- Size J hook
- Approximately 1.5 oz/ 75 yd/ 62 m medium cotton yarn, 
- 1 stitch marker
- Ch 4. Sl St in first ch made to form a loop. Ch 1.
- Rnd 1: 6 Sc in loop. Do not join.
- Rnd 2: 2 Sc in each St around. Do not join on this Rnd or any remaining Rnd. Let work spiral.
- Rnd 3: (Sc, Ch 2) in next St. Place stitch marker to mark beginning of Rnd. Sc in next St. *(Sc, Ch 2) in next St, Sc in next St* around. (12 Sc, 6 Ch 2 loops made).
- Rnd 4: *(Sc, Ch 2) in next St. Sc in Ch 2 loop, Sc in next St.* around. Move marker as needed. (18 Sc, 6 Ch 2 loops).
- Rnd 5: *(Sc, Ch 2) in next St. Sc in Ch 2 loop, Sc in next 2 Sts.* around. (24 Sc, 6 Ch 2 loops).
- Rnd 6-13: *(Sc, Ch 2) in next St. Sc in Ch 2 loop, Sc in each St up to the last St before the Ch 2 loop.* around. (Hexagon sections will increase by 1 Sc each round.
- Rnd 14: Sc in each St and each loop around. (78 Sc).
- Finish: Join with a Sl St in next St. Ch 12. Sl St again in joining St. Fasten off. Weave ends.