A Conversation for Video: Bird Riot

Youtube annoringly covered up the video with an ad for its services

Post 1

paulh, vaccinated against the Omigod Variant

I was able to hear the birds, which is fine. It's just that I have a CD with birdsong on it. I don't need youtube for that.

I am sorry that people are keeping birds awake at night with their noise. Do the birds appreciate that some people feed them, though? Could the birds sleep a little farther from people so as to get more quiet?


Youtube annoringly covered up the video with an ad for its services

Post 2

Dmitri Gheorgheni, Post Editor

It took me a minute to understand what you were talking about this time. Then it hit me: they do that to me, too.

Sometimes, they put up an advert for a service with no option to say 'no'. This is really annoying.

When that happens, I hit the 'full screen' button. The pop-up goes away. You can make the screen smaller again, and the pop-up will still stay away.

That's in case you were watching a video you actually wanted to see.

No, the birds cannot 'sleep a little farther away'. Their nests are in those trees. They would have more choice about the trees, but the neighbours had to cut their hemlocks down. They were blocking the 100-year-old sewer pipes.

We planted an apple tree, but it won't be big enough for nesting for years. In the meantime, we're fighting over it with the deer.

I found out from my nephew this week that the birds in Cook Forest (aka the Misty Mountains State Park) may not have it better, at least not when the film crews are in town. The first 'Batman' film apparently featured a chase scene filmed there.smiley - bat


Key: Complain about this post

Youtube annoringly covered up the video with an ad for its services

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more