A Conversation for Down by the Burn

Lovely place to take a walk.

Post 1

Elektragheorgheni -Please read 'The Post'

I assume that this is within walking distance for you, is that so? Scotland is a beautiful place. I enjoy looking at the pictures of Scotland in the picture section of BBC News.


Lovely place to take a walk.

Post 2

paulh, vaccinated against the Omigod Variant

These are the kind of pictures that I wish I could go and live in. smiley - smiley

That little stream looks so inviting. The trees really love it to pieces. Their roots grow right down in the water.

I always love streams because there's a chance of finding minnows or frogs or pollywogs in them.


Lovely place to take a walk.

Post 3

bob_hampshire

Excellent trio of photographs well done beautiful countryside, smiley - biggrin


Lovely place to take a walk.

Post 4

paulh, vaccinated against the Omigod Variant

When can I move there? smiley - winkeye


Lovely place to take a walk.

Post 5

Paigetheoracle

You can visit after the restrictions are removed, not before. I found frogspawn in a puddle just before the heat wave hit and moved it into a ditch (no sign of it now for some reason). Somebody killed a dozen toads on their way to the spawning grounds. When we were here twenty years ago, I saw twenty palmate newts crossing the road, close to this point. The small stream is an artificial channel, diverting water to the local distillery.


Lovely place to take a walk.

Post 6

paulh, vaccinated against the Omigod Variant

". The small stream is an artificial channel, diverting water to the local distillery."

smiley - laugh

Well I'm glad it was created for useful purposes. smiley - ok.


Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for Down by the Burn

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more