iPad Mini Sneak Peek

0 Conversations

iPad Mini Sneak Peek

The new hype in the town, iPad mini is here. It is a light, thin and sleek 7.9-inch tablet. Materials used for its making include glass and anodized aluminum. The gadget is undoubtedly one of the neatest devices. With a thickness of 7.2 millimeters and weight of 0.68 pounds, iPad mini has acquired a special place in the market. In short, it has much better specs than the Amazon Kindle Fire HD and is comparatively far thinner and lighter that the Google Nexus 7. Although it is a little expensive, it is an incredible device.

The Screen

The iPad mini has in fact a larger surface than its competitors (Kindle Fire HD and Nexus 7): 7.9 inches vs. 7 inches. The difference is substantial as the size is diagonal especially when you asking what the app live wallpapers does. Although the screen is smaller than the regular iPad, it is considerably larger as compared to the Android 7-inch tablets (panoramic). Apple has declared that iPad has 50 percent larger area to browse the internet in portrait mode as compared to other similar devices and 67 percent larger surface in landscape mode. iPad mini has a pixel resolution of 1024 x 768 pixels.

Colors

The iPad mini, like the new iPhone 5, is an anodized aluminum design. It is available in black as well as white color just like iPhone 5.

Connectivity

Some iPad mini models come with the LTE connectivity in addition to Bluetooth and 802.11a/b/g/n Wi-Fi. Furthermore, it uses the lightning port just like all the other latest iOS products.

Storage

Like the original iPad, iPad mini comes with 16GB, 32GB and 64GB of storage.

Battery life

According to Apple, iPad mini has a battery life of 10 hours surfing the internet on Wi-Fi, listening to music, watching video, using its lithium polymer battery. The battery is rechargeable (16.3-watt-hour).

Cameras

The FaceTime High Definition Camera makes it a favorite gadget of all time. Its camera is considered far better than the one of iPad 2. It also comes with an illuminated sensor on its backside. Moreover, it supports face detection just like its older sibling. It is equipped with a 5-megapixel camera. This feature makes it far superior than Kindle Fire and Nexus 7, as they lack this sort of camera.

Price

The Wi-Fi only version with storage of 16GB is available for $329. The 32GB storage version and 64 GB storage version are offered at a price of $429 and $529 respectively. If a customer wants to have an iPad mini with the LTE connectivity, he or she has to pay $130 in addition to the original price.


Bookmark on your Personal Space


Conversations About This Entry

There are no Conversations for this Entry

Entry

A87970819

Infinite Improbability Drive

Infinite Improbability Drive

Read a random Edited Entry


Written and Edited by

Disclaimer

h2g2 is created by h2g2's users, who are members of the public. The views expressed are theirs and unless specifically stated are not those of the Not Panicking Ltd. Unlike Edited Entries, Entries have not been checked by an Editor. If you consider any Entry to be in breach of the site's House Rules, please register a complaint. For any other comments, please visit the Feedback page.

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more