World of Warcraft: BfA is about to be ended and new enemy is coming

0 Conversations

World of Warcraft expansion Battle for Azeroth is here to an lead to story terms using a cinematic that's higher than a let down, and yes it riffs heavily for the end of Lord in the Rings - perhaps too heavily.

Quick background: the Alliance and Horde appeared coming together (making everything fuss about Sylvanas somewhat meaningless) to battle a greater, other-world threat (a plot Blizzard has repeated a great deal over the years). The greater, other-world threat this time around is Lovecraftian nightmare N'Zoth - among Warcraft's Old Gods. N'Zoth's arrival on Cheap WOW Classic Gold earth of Azeroth was obviously a cool moment for Warcraft lore nerds just like me - this is the first time we'd seen the Old God inside the flesh, as we say.

This week, Blizzard released a brand new raid called Ny'alotha, The Waking City, and players cleared it in the bid to have new loot and discover one of World of Warcraft's traditional story-ending in-game cutscenes. N'Zoth's arrival in Azeroth would be a momentous moment. Surely the payoff would take action justice. I know that sometimes you need a lot of WOW Classic Gold in the game. If you are bored about farming gold, you can buy WOW Classic Gold online, and ZZWOW is always your best choice.

Unfortunately, The Waking City's cutscene became a disappointment. The actual fight with N'Zoth ends with all the player's character held aloft as being a conduit for the laser fired strait into the tentacled monstrosity, who then disintegrates. This also destroys the Eye of Sauron - sorry, the attention of N'Zoth, that was placed in just a tower that crumbles down. Remind you of anything? N'Zoth's corruption fades and Azeroth is healed. The death of N'Zoth, considered one of Warcraft's longest-running and existential villains, is handled in the single patch. It's all too cheap, inconsequential and, well, naff.

The whole thing has already been a meme in the World of Warcraft community, and Blizzard unlisted its video from the cutscene on YouTube after it saw 12,000 WOW Classic Gold dislikes and a huge number of negative comments. The WOW subreddit is just as you'd expect, and WOW YouTubers and streamers are experiencing their say.

This ending leaves World of Warcraft in a tad of a sorry state story wise. The Horde and also the Alliance's bigged-up faction war type of petered out, deposed Horde boss Sylvanas is in large and Sargeras' enormous sword remains to be sticking out in the world. Nothing is resolved, N'Zoth is dead and Battle for Azeroth feels disjointed. Was it a faction war expansion? Or maybe it was about N'Zoth all along? Neither, inside the end.


Bookmark on your Personal Space


Conversations About This Entry

There are no Conversations for this Entry

Entry

A87970530

Infinite Improbability Drive

Infinite Improbability Drive

Read a random Edited Entry


Written and Edited by

Disclaimer

h2g2 is created by h2g2's users, who are members of the public. The views expressed are theirs and unless specifically stated are not those of the Not Panicking Ltd. Unlike Edited Entries, Entries have not been checked by an Editor. If you consider any Entry to be in breach of the site's House Rules, please register a complaint. For any other comments, please visit the Feedback page.

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more