A Conversation for Amy P's 2019 NaJoPoMo

Amy P's 2019 NaJoPoMo-26

Post 1

Amy Pawloski, aka 'paper lady'--'Mufflewhump'?!? click here to find out... (ACE)

No prize for guessing if I was at w*rk today or not...

'Twas nominally my day off today, but A/B shifts had training in defensive tactics today. I'm sore, even with taking the precaution of taking 800mg of ibuprofen before leaving the house, and another 800mg immediately after the course (I do mean immediately after--'twas R accepting my offer of ibuprofen that made him realize that he'd left his cup in the building. As we were about half an hour away from our sheriff's department, training with a neighboring county, getting it back could've been difficult... As it was, we'd just pulled out of our parking spot.) I'm going to get into a nice, hot shower here in a bit, then take my next dose. I'm glad that T and I traded tomorrow and Friday/Poets, because I'm not going to have to go into work. though I'll probably be more sore Thursday/Thing/Thanksgiving, being the second day after...

We learned some kicks and pressure points. At the end, we did scenarios. I "died" 3 out of the 4 times I went, though the last time wasn't my fault (the other 2 times, I didn't react fast enough to the "inmate" with the "knife", even with the "taser").


Amy P's 2019 NaJoPoMo-26

Post 2

SashaQ - happysad

Wow, that sounds intense indeed... Well done for mastering one of the scenarios smiley - ok and it sounds like you learned a lot from the scenarios you didn't master smiley - ok


Amy P's 2019 NaJoPoMo-26

Post 3

Amy Pawloski, aka 'paper lady'--'Mufflewhump'?!? click here to find out... (ACE)

I finally didn't have to take any ibuprofen on the 28th.


Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more