The Touring Essence of Spain

0 Conversations

“No importa que nos separe la distancia, simper Habra un mismo cielo que nos una”

A wise man once said “It doesn’t matter that we’re separated by distance, there will always be the same sky to unite us.” This quote is dedicated to the humble and hospitable people of Spain who always give me and all the other tourists a reason to comeback and visit their beautiful country over and over again. Nobody can put a price on the friends and the social life that we created in Spain, no wonder it’s one of the countries with the highest tourist influx.

Over the years that we’ve been travelling to Spain, we’ve been following different itineraries every single time, which made us explore every corner of the country, so I decided to put my experience to good use by concluding the essence of Spain. Unlike me, not everyone can afford to visit Spain every year, so if you are an individual who is going to visit this beautiful country just for once, I hope this post would guide you to extract out of Spain what it is known for, the places and festivals which are the true essence of Spain.
  1. La Tomatina Festival

You might have noticed, where there is a group of friends that are discussing Spain a word “La Tomatina” always comes up, and why shouldn’t it? As it is like the signature festival of the country and tops the bucket list of every itinerary that was ever written on Spain. Legend has it, La Tomatina started back in the 1940's following a small street brawl, ever since then, La Tomatina has grown to become a sort of festival which serves as the definition of “Organized Chaos”. Just imagine, 20,000 locals with thousands of tourists, an entire hour to hit your friends and people that you will be meeting for the first time with tomato while mustering all the strength that you have. This festival has an adrenaline rush and excitement of meeting new people. It’s a festival that you must go to, or else “Spain” would remain a word unknown to you.

  1. The infamous Running of the Bulls

So, you are a daredevil? An enthusiast of thrill? A self-made courageous man/woman who doesn’t hesitates taking risk? You cannot claim to be brave and daring until and unless you have made hundreds of bulls with lethal horns chase you down the narrow streets of Pamplona, while keeping in mind the risk and probability of getting seriously injured or ending up dead while you run for your life!

There are not enough words to explain the chaos, excitement and adrenaline rush of this festival which is the only one of its kind. If the “Survival of the Fittest” had an image, it would be of the bulls running behind the crowd in Spain.

  1. Sky Diving in Costa Brava

I hope you don’t have a phobia of heights but want to travel like a local, because sky diving in Costa Brava is a must when it comes to travelling in Spain. It is one of the most beautiful places in the Mediterranean Sea. Skydiving in Empuriabrava is on the top of adventurous games, it is considered one of the most stunning and thrilling diving experiences, a dive that will wake you up and make you feel alive the way you’ve never been alive before.

 

So, do you have the guts to visit Spain and embrace these thrilling experiences? Or Spain is too much for you? Laughter.

 
Authors Bio

 Mark Stevenson is a travel blogger who lives in Canada. He has contributed a lot to the tourism industry world wide by writing articles and itineraries that guide people on tour and prevents them from taking any wrong decisions, making touring industry safer and feasible.

 

Bookmark on your Personal Space


Conversations About This Entry

There are no Conversations for this Entry

Entry

A87946177

Infinite Improbability Drive

Infinite Improbability Drive

Read a random Edited Entry


Written and Edited by

Disclaimer

h2g2 is created by h2g2's users, who are members of the public. The views expressed are theirs and unless specifically stated are not those of the Not Panicking Ltd. Unlike Edited Entries, Entries have not been checked by an Editor. If you consider any Entry to be in breach of the site's House Rules, please register a complaint. For any other comments, please visit the Feedback page.

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more