Why Choose Flutter for Mobile App Development in 2019

0 Conversations

With the advent of technologies and better techniques, businesses these days are meant to make critical choices on their selection of mobile technologies. And organizations that fail to offer products and services that are simple to use, irrespective of device or channel usually associate themselves with risk related to falling behind the competition.

And if we dedicatedly talk about mobile applications, then the challenges associated with cross-platform development can be a bit problematic or more challenging. In most of the cases, despite the developer’s hard work and efforts, the optimal user experience lags behind.

Among AngularJS, React Native and other, Flutter is the new entry in the market, Google I/O 2019 has poured a lot of attention to Flutter and announced overwhelming news about this technology. But before going straight towards why to choose flutter in the mobile app development process, it is must to know what is flutter first.

                                            What is Flutter?

Flutter is Google’s open-source, cross-platform framework for developing mobile applications. Flutter basically provides an efficient mechanism for the mobile app building company’s development team in order to maintain a single codebase for building two mobile applications.
In short, it is a portable UI toolkit meant to run in a variety of platforms for effortless performance. 

Now, when we are done with the basic definition of Flutter, it is the right time to know what makes Flutter the king of all -
  • It is free and open source
  • It has its own widgets and framework
  • The architecture of the Flutter is based on the very popular reactive programming
  • It is based on an object-oriented programming language called Dart
  • It is becoming a serious threat to React Native

Now, let us figure out why Flutter is the best option for the mobile app developer?

One code for 2 platforms
Isn’t it amazing to write one codebase for 2 mobile applications? Well, if yes, then you must be glad to know that Flutter is capable enough to do that covering both Android and iOS platforms. 

It has its own widgets and designs which implies that you can have the same app on two platforms. Hence, it overcomes several challenges related to cross-platform approaches. 

Less testing time
It is so obvious that if you have one app for two platforms, the time meant for the testing will be reduced. In this way, the quality assurance process will become faster and the task of checking two apps will also be reduced. 

But, if your app has some differences as per the platforms then it is obvious to test the app on both platforms. Overall, with the help of Flutter, it will become faster to test the app while saving time on the other side. Meanwhile, it is also effective and wise to know every inch and corner of mobile app testing for the year 2019 and beyond.  

It increases productivity
Flutter helps in increasing productivity and that productivity comes from Flutter’s Hot reload- Stateful Hot Reload and Hot Restart. 

With the help of these two things, developers can make the changes in the app in an unbelievable time and can make app structure changes in less than 20 seconds.

Isn't Flutter amazing?

Frontend and Backend with code
Compared to Android coding that requires separate files for both Frontend and Backend, Flutter is choosing a different and amazing path for the same.

Flutter uses a single language called Dart which is capable enough to do both Frontend and Backend Job using the reactive framework. Dart has been built without losing the essence of Java or similar languages, thus making a lot of tasks easier and faster.

Hence, with such things in its pocket, Flutter is proving it to be the best option for mobile app development

Catalog for open source
The set of open source packages helps in creating apps faster all with ease and on the other hand, there are a lot of packages available making complicated tasks easier. 

Though Flutter is quite young, it is still remarkably making a presence in the market with the help of developers actively contributing to Flutter. 

A perfect friend for MVP
If you are in haste and want to show your app to investors, Flutter is the best way as it supports MVP. So, now no need to stress a lot as Flutter will be helping you in every possible way offering the better result in the end. 

Themes for both Android/iOS
Who doesn’t want to see their Android application look different and unique than the iOS app? Well, everyone is willing to see their application way better and unique not only in terms of colors but also in dimensions and styles of widgets.

And Flutter is making the whole concept better and best through themes. Now developers can make the applications as per the need of the users around.

Conclusion
With the above-mentioned points, it is quite clear and evident that Flutter though new in town is making the job of developers better and easier. The value of using Flutter is highly charismatic because it simply reduces the headache of startups and other big businesses trying to release the app to multiple platforms.

Bookmark on your Personal Space


Conversations About This Entry

There are no Conversations for this Entry

Entry

A87943215

Infinite Improbability Drive

Infinite Improbability Drive

Read a random Edited Entry


Written and Edited by

Disclaimer

h2g2 is created by h2g2's users, who are members of the public. The views expressed are theirs and unless specifically stated are not those of the Not Panicking Ltd. Unlike Edited Entries, Entries have not been checked by an Editor. If you consider any Entry to be in breach of the site's House Rules, please register a complaint. For any other comments, please visit the Feedback page.

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more