A Conversation for Arty Carpark

Cool shot CC.

Post 1

Elektragheorgheni -Please read 'The Post'

Great composition and mixture of shapes and textures. You really have a good eye for photographs. I am very jealous. My shots are not as interesting but they are snaps taken from a video and I was frantic to catch the river as we were driving over the bridge.


Cool shot CC.

Post 2

minorvogonpoet

It is a cool shot, certainly smiley - smiley.

If I was going to write like an art critic, I'd say " This shows an attempt to soften the effect of modern brutalist architecture, by incorporating an artistic description of its mundane function." smiley - erm


Cool shot CC.

Post 3

Caiman raptor elk - Inside big box, thinking.

What minorvogonpoet said.

If it were a carp park, we would have had more opportunities for snark. But alas, you can't always have all the typos you wish for. (I would expect a carp park to be situated in Japan anyway)

Still: Nice photo.


Cool shot CC.

Post 4

Prof Animal Chaos.C.E.O..err! C.E.Idiot of H2G2 Fools Guild (Official).... A recipient of S.F.L and S.S.J.A.D.D...plus...S.N.A.F.U.

My insurance premiums are now beyond my wallet smiley - wah the damage I've done to the car trying to park vertically twice smiley - wah


Cool shot CC.

Post 5

Caiman raptor elk - Inside big box, thinking.

Maybe you can persuade them to pay for fitting of external airbags linked to park distance sensors.

Did you do the vertical parking in an over the edge frontal or sideways manner? (just curious)


Here's another parking story I have that might cheer you up.

Years ago I saw a courier driving a Citroën BX with hydro-active suspension coming in at high speed and parking. What the courier didn't see were the stone posts with chains inbetween that marked the parking lot edges. (no poblem yet, just wait for it). Upon delivery of his packet he returned to the car, got in and raced away, well, for about two meters that is. During the delivery, his suspension had deflated. Not waiting for it to inflate again before driving away resulted in pulling off his complete rear bumper with the chain that had lodged behind it.
After looking around if anybody saw this (didn't notice me, I think) he then opened the trunk, threw in the bumper, and raced away anyway.


Cool shot CC.

Post 6

cactuscafe

heheh. Thank you poetic art critics and carp ark mentors. smiley - kiss


Cool shot CC.

Post 7

cactuscafe

I secretly quite like multi storey carp arks. smiley - fishsmiley - fish They are a world brimming with possibililty, mystery, and missing levels.

I recently escorted a friend back to his car which was on level nine of this very carpark, but the lift went from level eight to level ten. We watched the flickering white light of the lift and had a laugh about the missing level nine.

It turned out you had to get out at level eight, traverse level eight, where the lift for level nine was lurking in the corner.

We have no car, but I cycle past this carp ark every day.

They have car boot sales on the open air top level, on a Sunday.

There are other creatures in the carp ark. smiley - fishsmiley - fish

Level five is home to a pair of rare .. erm ... (tries to think of cars with animal names, and fails.

What about concrete then? I once saw a programme about concrete buildings, and some people really like certain aspects of concrete achitecture, like, it has cult status, there's a secret fan club.

I think the concept of concrete had visionary beginnings, but something went wrong in the mix, at least to start with.


Cool shot CC.

Post 8

Caiman raptor elk - Inside big box, thinking.

Probably not enough pebbles in the mix.

I used to go to a student society building called "De Bunker", which was very accurately named indeed. That building won architectural prizes when built. It is currently being repurposed to make way for high rise concrete. (Parts of the original building will apparently remain intact).


Cool shot CC.

Post 9

minorvogonpoet

I'm surprised they still want to build in concrete.

In London, concrete appears to be out of fashion and glass and steel are in. I know cities are phoenixes but modern London is a shape-shifter. Every time I go there, something has changed. smiley - doh


Cool shot CC.

Post 10

Prof Animal Chaos.C.E.O..err! C.E.Idiot of H2G2 Fools Guild (Official).... A recipient of S.F.L and S.S.J.A.D.D...plus...S.N.A.F.U.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rXWrpE1Khkk

In many things, this country is now way below the standards of what we "used" to call - 3rd world countries.

No wonder the "Great" has disappeared from the beginning of "britain" smiley - sadface


Key: Complain about this post