The h2g2 Post: 08.07.19

0 Conversations

A crest bearing the legend The H2G2 PostA crest bearing the legend The H2G2 Post


Posted: 8th July 2019

Very Midsummer Madness

Heavy Leslie Sunrise by FWR

Don't bogart that banana.

– Freewayriding


That's what he said when I played him this tune, which is part of the new 'Heavy Leslie Sunrise' album, available as usual at absolutely no charge at all on your Youtube by looking up the Dmitri Gheorgheni channel. The playlist is at this location because we cannot embed playlists. Here's a sample single for you (Pliny-embedded).





Be grateful. The truly hardcore Heavy Leslie headbanger will find the definitive 10-minute-42-second version of that monumental head trip on the album (read 'playlist'). At the h2g2 Post our motto is, 'If the heat makes it hard to think, why fight it? Click, tune in, and drop out.'


What to do while you're listening to all the music? Read the h2g2 Post, of course. We have even more excitement, adventure, and really wild things than usual. Just because it's summer doesn't mean we stop being weird.
Peony by Tavaron
  • We have nature in all its glory, from an Austrian garden to an African river. Some of the nature is in stark profile, as we continue the black-and-white challenge. There's even a wildlife video.
  • Speaking of black-and-white, some of the photographers seem to have become fixated on staircases. It may make you dizzy going up and down.
  • There's lots of humour: cartoons and comics abound. You are not going to believe what's going on in Bluebottle's dinosaur story. Meanwhile, Desideria negotiates, and SashaQ gets a pleasant surprise.
  • It's fiction time again: Paige starts a two-parter with some interesting aliens. Our old friend, the man we love to hate, Henry Letterbox himself, is back with a new horror of a horror movie. Let FWR tell you all about it. My tale has a cat in, and a Native American legend I just made up (lots of those going around). You may recognise some of the, er, 'references'. Please read and let us know what you think of the stories.
  • There are quizzes to mull over. Depending on how much you like cinema, you may find this week's Post Quiz easy, or hard. Of course, Awix will be along to keep us updated on current films (no Scrabble this week, but Beatles!).

Share and enjoy! Leave comments, send more of this wonderful Stuff, and have a great week! Remember your sun cream.




Create July 2019 by Freewayriding
July Create Challenge:
You Have a History


Dmitri Gheorgheni

NATURAL OCCURRENCES

UNNATURAL THOUGHTS


BLACK AND WHITE AND WEIRD

LAUGHTER
ESCAPE
STORY TIME


The Post Office


The home of the h2g2 Post team


Back Issue Page



Bookmark on your Personal Space


Conversations About This Entry

There are no Conversations for this Entry

Entry

A87937483

Infinite Improbability Drive

Infinite Improbability Drive

Read a random Edited Entry


Written and Edited by

Credits

Disclaimer

h2g2 is created by h2g2's users, who are members of the public. The views expressed are theirs and unless specifically stated are not those of the Not Panicking Ltd. Unlike Edited Entries, Entries have not been checked by an Editor. If you consider any Entry to be in breach of the site's House Rules, please register a complaint. For any other comments, please visit the Feedback page.

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more