A Conversation for Jadis, the White Witch - a character in CS Lewis's Narnia stories

Peer Review: A26941377 - Jadis, the White Witch - a character in CS Lewis's Narnia stories

Post 1

Gnomon - time to move on

Entry: Jadis, the White Witch - a character in CS Lewis's Narnia stories - A26941377
Author: Gnomon - time to move on - U151503

This is one I was working on for a while. It was assembled from a few different entries, so there may some repitition. If you see any, please point it out.


A26941377 - Jadis, the White Witch - a character in CS Lewis's Narnia stories

Post 2

Bluebottle

Very thorough and an entry I definitely enjoyed.

I spotted a minor typo: 'all pleasure in life was taken away from here, and her skin turned deathly white.' > her

It may be worth mentioning how 'Prince Caspian' deals with her legacy. She is remembered by the black dwarfs as being more powerful than Aslan, having kept him at bay for 100 years and then killing him, while a hag reveals that she is also known as the White Lady.

There is also the question of whether she has a form of immortality or ability to return from the dead (other than that seen at Charn). Although she doesn't appear in 'Prince Caspian' when the Hag says 'who ever heard of a witch that really died?' and proposes to resurrect her, there is nothing to suggest anything other than that everyone present believes that she can indeed be brought back to life (although the text is very vague).
Again this implies there has been more than one witch in Narnia.

<BB<


A26941377 - Jadis, the White Witch - a character in CS Lewis's Narnia stories

Post 3

Gnomon - time to move on

Thanks BB.

I've corrected the typo.

I've added a short paragraph to the "Other Witches" section that addresses the other points you've raised.


A26941377 - Jadis, the White Witch - a character in CS Lewis's Narnia stories

Post 4

Bluebottle

I've just had one more thought about Jadis.

Aslan recognises that she has the legitimate right to kill every traitor; if a traitor is denied her then all Narnia will perish in fire and water. (What affect, if any, this has on neighbouring countries is unclear). I never did get that bit, to be honest. She turns up as an interloper at Narnia's creation but gets the right to traitorssmiley - huh Does that mean that Polly could have the right to all petty thieves?

<BB<


A26941377 - Jadis, the White Witch - a character in CS Lewis's Narnia stories

Post 5

Gnomon - time to move on

Good point.

I've added a section "Jadis the Executioner" to try and address this. I hope you like it.


A26941377 - Jadis, the White Witch - a character in CS Lewis's Narnia stories

Post 6

Sho - employed again!

interesting entry - I don't have anything to add, though


Congratulations - Your Entry has been Recommended for the Edited Guide!

Post 7

h2g2 auto-messages

Your Guide Entry has just been picked from Peer Review by one of our Scouts, and is now heading off into the Editorial Process, which ends with publication in the Edited Guide. We've moved this Review Conversation out of Peer Review and to the entry itself.

If you'd like to know what happens now, check out the page on 'What Happens after your Entry has been Recommended?' at EditedGuide-Process. We hope this explains everything.

Thanks for contributing to the Edited Guide!


Congratulations - Your Entry has been Recommended for the Edited Guide!

Post 8

SashaQ - happysad

Congratulations! smiley - redwinesmiley - biggrin


Congratulations - Your Entry has been Recommended for the Edited Guide!

Post 9

Gnomon - time to move on

Thanks! smiley - redwine


Key: Complain about this post