A Conversation for Caption Challenge: Archi-Texture

Afterthought

Post 1

Prof Animal Chaos.C.E.O..err! C.E.Idiot of H2G2 Fools Guild (Official).... A recipient of S.F.L and S.S.J.A.D.D...plus...S.N.A.F.U.

Wish I'd have been sober when I took this photo, it'ave been perfect upright smiley - wahsmiley - wah


Afterthought

Post 2

Caiman raptor elk - Inside big box, thinking.

Striking, yes. Like the back of the hand across the face.
Designed by the book? This particular book saying:"A is for architect, B is for bricks, C is for Church, D is for don't bother with aestethics."

The towers were probably designed by popular vote.
Round was just as popular as square, so let's do them both. (that kind of rhymes)

Well, at least you don't have to get up too early for sunday school. (it starts at 10). And if you are really bored, you can always go to the tattoo shop across the road.


Afterthought

Post 3

Dmitri Gheorgheni, Post Editor

smiley - snork Designed by committee. I should have guessed.


Afterthought

Post 4

paulh, vaccinated against the Omigod Variant

Maybe Bethany has a coven of aunts?


Afterthought

Post 5

Dmitri Gheorgheni, Post Editor

I've just found out something interesting about this church building. Originally, it belonged to the First Baptist Church of DuBois. It was built in 1894. But the church fell on hard times and had to sell the building.

Then they got a new pastor - from Bulgaria! Teno Vulkoff was his name. They said he spoke 'a rich and glowing English' and was 'an extremely lovable man.' He helped them buy back their church. He died at only 37 in 1903.

I still don't know whose idea those towers were, but I thought you might enjoy the thought of sermons with a Bulgarian accent. smiley - winkeye


Afterthought

Post 6

paulh, vaccinated against the Omigod Variant

Maybe he was able to accentuate the positive. smiley - bigeyes

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f3jdbFOidds

(Not old enough to be among the old songs you were gifted with, but anyway)


Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for Caption Challenge: Archi-Texture

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more