How Sci-Fi Literate Are You? Answers
How many of these things did you recognise instantly? Does this disturb you?
- The story starts when the Earth is demolished to make way for a hyperspace bypass. It's all infinitely improbable.
- The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy
- Monoliths make early humans clever. Then one shows up on the moon, and there's a big light show.
- 2001: A Space Odyssey
- Children believe they are engaging in a computer simulation, but are really committing genocide.
- Ender's Game
- Humans stop reading books and only watch interactive electronic media on their flatscreen TVs.
- Fahrenheit 451
- A man who has witnessed what he considers a war crime becomes 'unstuck in time' and lives his life completely out of order.
- Slaughterhouse Five
- People living under the Nazi regime in North America discover the existence of parallel worlds.
- The Man in the High Castle
- A man has a precognitive flash while shaking the hand of a politician and decides to kill him.
- The Dead Zone
- Surprisingly civilised survivors from post-apocalyptic Earth time-travel to the 21st Century to try and save the planet. Unsurprisingly, this isn't as easy as it looks.
- Aliens from another planet disguise themselves as amazingly incompetent humans and move into an attic apartment in Ohio. No one really notices how odd they are because it is Ohio.
- Third Rock from the Sun
- A loser, a sentient cat, and a conceited hologram walk into a universe….
- Red Dwarf
Are you worried about the growing influence of science fiction on our minds? Go read a historical novel today!