British Law Run Amok: Answers
Answers: Numbers 3, 6, and 10 are made up. The rest of these are real laws. So don't get drunk in a pub. Do it at home, like the Prof.
- Potatoes cannot be imported to the UK from Poland without first notifying the authorities.
- It is illegal to be drunk in a pub.
- It is illegal to marry a Scotsman in Huddersfield.
- It is illegal to handle salmon in suspicious circumstances.
- MPs may not wear armour in Parliament.
- It is illegal to chew gum on the Underground.
- It is illegal to jump the queue in the Tube ticket hall.
- It is illegal to beat a carpet on the sidewalk in London.
- It is illegal to activate your burglar alarm without first nominating a 'Key-Holder' who can switch it off in your absence.
- It is illegal to make a horse wear a funny hat.