A Conversation for FWR Najo 2018 Freedom Found

FWR Najo 13th - Trafferthion

Post 1

FWR

13.

Lytham was not happy.

Intel was sketchy.

Informants, spies, Agents, even the very few working drones had produced little information.

Deviant Activity had, rather remarkably, ceased in many of the districts.

Ceased.

Totally.

Vast areas of the land were completely free of deviants.

Society unhindered, Citizens unmolested.

Not one incident.

In six months?

Unheard of!

His staff couldn't understand why their leader was so unhappy, surely this proved that Society was, once and for all, rid of these deviants, the Citizens were free to serve Society, free from the threat of D.A. for the first time in decades?

Not since the Great Battle had there been such peace!

Lytham was not happy, in fact he was very unhappy, because, over the border, in the vast wastelands of the Celtic Nations, sightings continued to grow.

It was one thing to put down a rebellion on home soil, even in the great northern forests, but quite another to eliminate a threat from such a barbaric and uncharted place as the CN.

Border patrols were increased.

Agents deployed (often not to return) and any scraps of intelligence collated and fed into the vast Society information system.

Lytham glared at the old yellowing map pinned to his office wall, ancient and forgotten names, pure gibberish to the average Citizen, at its centre a red dragon, the script and design faded, 'Wales/Cymru' partially covered with a new, modern label, simply reading 'Celtic Nations - population unknown'.

Lytham's unhappiness would turn to despair when he finally discovered the trouble that was gathering over the border.


Key: Complain about this post

FWR Najo 13th - Trafferthion

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more