A Conversation for FWR Najo 2018 Freedom Found

FWR Najo 12th - Gathering

Post 1

FWR

12.

At first, the strangers appeared singly or in pairs.

Gradually as they neared the coast, their numbers grew.

Small groups camped together, renewing old acquaintances, forging new friendships.

Huddling together against the winter, sharing warmth, beer and hopes.

Small groups met others, the band grew.

Brothers and Sisters, trudging onwards in the Welsh Spring rain, each drawn towards the headlands of Llandudno, muddied boots counting off the many miles.

Weary but high-spirited, marching by the moon, sleeping away the daylight.

Ever onwards.

Travellers from over the border in Forrest joined the throng.

Differences in accents, tribal markings and dress, now irrelevant in the common cause.

Summer saw over one thousand.

The vast numbers split into smaller camps to avoid the infrequent eyes in the skies.

Runners delivering messages, directions and news between camps.

July saw the first flag flying, as numbers and confidence further increased.

Over the Gwynedd countryside, for the first time in over twenty years the winged wheel of Freedum M.C. flew again.


Key: Complain about this post

FWR Najo 12th - Gathering

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more