A Conversation for BB NaJoPoMo

It's a Kind of Magic v Socio-Economic Factors

Post 1

Bluebottle

Last night smiley - fullmoon after getting home from the market I took the boxes smiley - gift containing the Christmas decorations smiley - xmastree down from the loft, and I suspect that my wife will be beginning to decorate the house while I'm here at work. We also worry that this year might well be the last year that our son believes in smiley - santa. He is starting to ask questions like 'why does smiley - santa give other children in my school more, bigger and better smiley - gift than me?'
It's those socio-economic factors, they get you every timeā€¦

<BB<


It's a Kind of Magic v Socio-Economic Factors

Post 2

SashaQ - happysad

That is a challenge indeed... It would be easier if smiley - santa stockings were standardised for good children to be something like: a pen and pencil, a bag of chocolate coins, an apple and a comic. Then anything else would be a bonus from the parents or guardians...

I hope your house now looks suitably festive, anyway smiley - hollysmiley - xmastree


It's a Kind of Magic v Socio-Economic Factors

Post 3

Bluebottle

Yes, the (fake) smiley - xmastree is up and smiley - cat had great fun jumping into the box smiley - gift and loved it when all the branches were on the floor. She carried one of her deodorant balls A87902986 to the branches, hid it beneath them and then had great fun trying to find it again, and then she'd hide it. When the branches were all on the tree she lost interest. She's batted a bauble smiley - disco but not tried to climb the tree so far, thank goodness.

<BB<


It's a Kind of Magic v Socio-Economic Factors

Post 4

SashaQ - happysad

Someone at work was discussing this topic recently, and agreeing that standardisation would be helpful - they hoped that by the time their child went back to school after the holiday they would have forgotten who gave what...

Glad smiley - cat had a bit of fun with the smiley - xmastree but not too much!


Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more