A Conversation for BB NaJoPoMo

Telly Time

Post 1

Bluebottle

Today I've heard from former CBeebies presenter Alex, so it seems a perfect opportunity to mention one of my favourite times of the day. It's the time after the kids have brushed their teeth and put their pyjamas on, and if they've been good that day we can watch half an hour of television together before their bedtime story.

I'm trying to move them on from watching cartoons and enjoy some of the television I enjoyed when I was young – so BBC serials inspired by John Wyndham, E Nesbit and CS Lewis, educational entertainment programmes like 'Horrible Histories', classic Henson like 'The Muppet Show' and 'The Storyteller'. (A lot of what we watch seems to end up in Peer Review). This week we're watching classic 'Mr Bean'. (I still hope to get them to watch some classic 1940s serials so they do not become children who will only watch films made in their lifetime).

It's great to be able to see these fresh through young eyes once again.

The only disagreement is where on the settee we sit. Since the children were born I always sit on the left corner of the sofa, so that when bottle-feeding the children I could support their head with my left arm as it rests on the arm of the sofa, and feed the child with my right hand. So that's always been my spot since the children were born. However, my son thinks that's his spot, because since he was born he has always sat there - admittedly often on my lap.

<BB<


Telly Time

Post 2

Dmitri Gheorgheni, Post Editor

smiley - rofl Different point of view.


Telly Time

Post 3

Bluebottle

Can you guess where out of our whole house the smiley - cat thinks is his spot?

<BB<


Telly Time

Post 4

Dmitri Gheorgheni, Post Editor

smiley - rofl Absolutely. It's obviously desirable.

Nearly every morning, I have to chase a cat out of my office chair...


Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more