A Conversation for Bluebottle's Bun Run Blog

Love the Bun Run

Post 1

cactuscafe

In America a plaster is known as a 'Do they know its Christmas'. Ah right! Band Aid.

Learn something new every day, eh? And I never ever heard of jogger's nipple. That must be really sore, and guys get it also.

Great account Bluebottle! I'm quite glad to be reading it lying on my bed, drinking brandy. smiley - rofl. Nothing like reading about other people running across the IOW!

Really interesting,and great cross references.

My niece has been working out on the IOW for months, so with your permission I'll show her this article! She'll recognise all the places you mention.


Love the Bun Run

Post 2

Bluebottle

Yes, jogger's nipple is one of those minor but very sore ailmentssmiley - yuk – it tends to affect guys more than women as women's sports bras are designed to prevent that sort of thing but a running shirt is just a running shirt. It's the first time that plasters haven't worked for me – I'll be sure to always used 'waterproof' rather than 'no adhesive' plasters in future. I must admit I couldn't resist the rather silly Band Aid joke.

And yes, by all means see if your niece would like to read this. Apart from Cowes the route was a lot of quiet lanes and hamlets, but well worth seeing. Did she see/ride any classic smiley - bus over the weekend?

<BB<


Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for Bluebottle's Bun Run Blog

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more