It's the end of the year already. So let's look back.
The Post Quiz: Saying Goodbye, 2016
We lost some good people in 2016. Let's say goodbye with a quiz.
Guess who we're talking about.
- He was the original Space Cowboy, going into orbit again at 77. He was also the only US Senator in space, unfortunately. (We'd like to send more of Congress there.)
- Speaking of space, his Space Oddity inspired astronauts. But this musician left a permanent mark on millions of listeners here on Earth, too.
- Another musician who will be missed, this Canadian poet had nothing on his tongue but 'Hallelujah'.
- This entertainer worked for everybody's favourite uncle in the 1960s. He played a suave master spy with a sense of humour.
- He was named Saoi (a bardic title) by the Irish Aosdana. But this world-class short story writer, novelist, and playwright lived in Devon, UK.
- His cigars were legendary, and the CIA tried to poison them.
- This transgender performer became world famous after she was featured in Midnight in the Garden of Good and Evil.
- This former Israeli Prime Minister was born in Poland.
- Vietnam's answer to Axis Sally, this broadcaster got most of her 'inside information' from Stars and Stripes.
- This queen who married a king in exile was born in Paris and died in Switzerland. In between, she served in the French army, worked as a salesgirl in Macy's department store in New York, and had an argument with a pope.
What a lot of history goes into an obituary page. How many did you recognise? Click the picture for answers.