A Conversation for Colours of Wildlife: Red Brocket

Pretty deerlike critter.

Post 1

Elektragheorgheni -Please read 'The Post'

I realize that deer are really lovely creatures, but when I think of my poor garden I unfortunely consider them to be be nasty juvenile deliquents. That they tend to pull plants when we are tucked in for the night doesn't help these negative thoughts of mine.


Pretty deerlike critter.

Post 2

Willem

Hi Elektra! They just appreciate all the nice food you provide for them! If you want a bit more for yourself, can't you get a big and sturdy fence around the plants?


Pretty deerlike critter.

Post 3

Elektragheorgheni -Please read 'The Post'

Nah it would be crazily expensive to get one high enough and then we wouldn't like it blocking the sun to the rest of the flowers.


Pretty deerlike critter.

Post 4

Dmitri Gheorgheni, Post Editor

Not to mention that it would annoy the neighbours.

Deer repellent sells very well around here. smiley - winkeye

And it was heartbreaking this year - they got our lilies. Again. Apparently, they taste as good as they look.


Pretty deerlike critter.

Post 5

ITIWBS

Other deer repellant measures, commercial agriculturalists often hang long streamers of brightly reflective plastic tinsel around their plantings to frighten deer away.

Narrow strips of white muslin along fence lines and hedgerows are traditional for the same purpose and plastic engineering tape, especially if very light in color, also will do.


Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for Colours of Wildlife: Red Brocket

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more