A Conversation for January: Home Sweet Home

Andros

Post 1

grahamofnow

Andros (ΑΝΔΡΟΣ) is my sweetest of homes. An island in the Greek Cyclades, it has its own fresh water supply, beautiful fauna, loving people and seas to seduce you in.

I would rather the good came here to see and feel for themselves the magic of this land.

Just fly to Athens then get a bus for €4 (as at February 2020) to Rafina port, from the bus stop next Sofitel. (Keep your ticket as they sometimes have inspections to check drivers are handing out tickets!)

30 minutes later you will be at the port. Take a beer or coffee orbsome food along the port main road.

And check the ferry times on www.ferries.gr

They go a few times a day in off season and more often during the on season (April to September).

Lots of nice airbnbs near the port for a reasonable price.

Enjoy!


Andros

Post 2

Dmitri Gheorgheni, Post Editor

Sounds lovely. smiley - smiley And makes me miss Greece, where I used to live. I believe I was on Andros once - is that the island with all the hand-shaped doorknockers?

If you'd like to write more about Andros and share some pictures with us, write us at the Post Team: postteamhg-at-gmail-dot-com. (We won't use commercial links, just so you know, so no advertising. smiley - winkeye)

Dmitri Gheorgheni, Post Editor
smiley - dragon


Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more